sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Get real, 'status' as you put it ... being member, advanced member, guru, legend .. etc, here has nothing to do with prowess. It's just a count of how many posts members make. So make a few thousand posts RupertBear and you'll be a guru as well. Which goes for anyone else as well.

No disrespect intended to those who are bonafide guru's or legends who generously post here, or MM in particular who has shared openly some thoughtful decisions and is doing very well from it, by his/her account.
    Ok fair enough Baa Baa I did not know how one became a guru or a legend, I thought it was a sign of other peoples respect for a persons posts. I better get posting then as I have always fancied being a guru or a legend!

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Ok fair enough Baa Baa I did not know how one became a guru or a legend, I thought it was a sign of other peoples respect for a persons posts. I better get posting then as I have always fancied being a guru or a legend!
    Members 'respect' for other members postings is encapsulated in 'reputation', where registered members (those who are the only people who can post here) can attribute 'reputation' by clicking the 'star' at the bottom left side of any members post, and adding a reputation comment.

I think 'reputation' is a far better representation than 'status', i.e members attribution of value, rather than how many posts a member makes, but unfortunately it is hidden behind a veneer of confusing access and functions of the antiquated software that this site is built on which relatively few members have any idea that it even exists, let alone use it.

So the moral of the story is to not confuse members handles and their 'status' (as you put it) which is based on volume of posts, with their 'reputation' which is based on members feedback as to the value of their contributions.

Members 'respect' for other members postings is encapsulated in 'reputation', where registered members (those who are the only people who can post here) can attribute 'reputation' by clicking the 'star' at the bottom left side of any members post, and adding a reputation comment.

I think 'reputation' is a far better representation than 'status', i.e members attribution of value, rather than how many posts a member makes, but unfortunately it is hidden behind a veneer of confusing access and functions of the antiquated software that this site is built on which relatively few members have any idea that it even exists, let alone use it.

So the moral of the story is to not confuse members handles and their 'status' (as you put it) which is based on volume of posts, with their 'reputation' which is based on members feedback as to the value of their contributions.
    How many posts to become a membaa?

Banned

A nice summary, personally I would feel too embarrassed to have Guru or Legend status under my name, I'm still trying to live up to my current tag thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A nice summary, personally I would feel too embarrassed to have Guru or Legend status under my name, I'm still trying to live up to my current tag thingy.
    Some of us dont suffer easily from this "embarrassment" thing". Probably related to a general lack of overall awareness or EQ

Get real, 'status' as you put it ... being member, advanced member, guru, legend .. etc, here has nothing to do with prowess. .
    I always thought those things were tongue in cheek labels and self obvious ought not to be taken seriously. I'm not sure there is any label here that reflects prowess. You have to go into a post to try and determine the factual substance and from there prowess emerges.

(Disc - never used that star or report post thingy in all the time I've been here)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    If you manage to sell your SLI shares for a profit, you'll be a Legend in my eyes.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    If you manage to sell your SLI shares for a profit, you'll be a Legend in my eyes.
    Well I am half way there Couta

Last few days I've taken a good smacking from the ShareMarket Ugly Stick. Gains now down to 24% (excluding divs etc) over the past four months.

But on the bright side it has encouraged some sellers. I've had a buy order on RBC sitting there for a while and it got completed today.

Portfolio is now up to 8 out of 10 stocks and looks like:

ATM up 58.7% (21.2% of portfolio)
    FRE down 3.3% (8.65%)
    HBL down 10.3% (8.44%)
    PPH up 27.9% (11.4%)
    RBC even (5.9%)
    SML up 20.8% (19.7%)
    SUM up 47.5% (13.1%
    THL up 29.6% (11.5%)