Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Just a massive Ma$$ot IMO
    Just a ma$$ot IMO
    Just another ma$&ot IMHO

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Do not profess to know me, or my reasons for considering giving my vote to NZF. I believe no such thing, and never did. I based my (almost) decision to give them my vote, on some of their current policies. Not all of them, but some. I will not however, give my vote to any party that is trans or homophobic.

I will not be the only voter who makes that decision. I also won't be the only voter, who now feels there is literally no party they actually want to give their vote to. Let's hope something changes on the political campaign scene between now and October, because this is the first time in my life, since I was old enough to vote, that I have found myself in this position, and again, I can guarantee you, I am not the only one.

Voting is a responsibility, not a game. I am not willing to vote for a party I don't agree with, purely as an attempt to get another party I don't agree with, out of government. Clearly, you and others are more than happy to do that.
    I’m not happy with the choices in front of us either. The Left who buy votes, borrow and spend and deliver nothing, promote mass immigration and a property ponzi scheme vs The Right who will hand out tax cuts we can’t afford, promote mass immigration & a property ponzi scheme.
    The gap between government revenues and spending grows every year and has done for about 15 years, as evidenced by our growing national debt.
    I’ll probably vote for what I perceive to be a much lesser evil, and this government has been a disaster. Just useless.
    I will also be watching closely for any announcements regarding foreign buyers of property, because living in a fools paradise built on a property bubble is not my idea of setting this country up for a great future for all.

The only good thing Peters has ever done is deliver the Super Gold Card for the elderly. Apart from that he is as useless as teets on a bull.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 22-07-2023 at 05:26 PM.

Guru

Winnie reckons he could work with National, and even David Seymour. Winnie sticks his finger in the air, finds out which way the wind is blowing, then says whatever he needs to to get more votes.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Winnie reckons he could work with National, and even David Seymour. Winnie sticks his finger in the air, finds out which way the wind is blowing, then says whatever he needs to to get more votes.
    Can't see Seymour being in a coalition if Winston first is there.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Can't see Seymour being in a coalition if Winston first is there.
    Me either, a supply and confidence agreement maybe, and Act sit on the cross benches to keep them honest. Might happen even without NZF

Guru

Peters has to get the votes before he can enter the coalition.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Peters has to get the votes before he can enter the coalition.
    He's not known as Lazareth for nothing.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-07-2023 at 09:17 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Me either, a supply and confidence agreement maybe, and Act sit on the cross benches to keep them honest. Might happen even without NZF
    I can’t see ACT sit on the cross benches and Winston in Government, nor should they.

ACT is likely to be a strong force after the election and I very much doubt NZF will have any MPs

Guru

Winston and the bombastic tag-along Jones (ex Labour) are a couple of grifters. The way Peters can pull out that broad smile on cue is chilling. He’d be a great used car salesman but always had his eyes on bigger prizes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Winnie can marginalise Act in his agreement like he did with the greens.

Dave can look forward to being a minister of statistics even with 15% votes while Winston can be finance minister on 6%. He'll like that sort of power play.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 23-07-2023 at 12:55 AM.