sharetrader
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

All of these combinations suck. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I agree that a Lab-Gre-Pati govt would be a disaster, as would a Nat-Act-Pati govt should luxon decide to hold negotiations with them and break his promise.

I wouldn't mind a Nat-Act-NZF govt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    The idea of a Nat-Act-Pati government….it’s like a palatable fish flavoured ice-cream sundae.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    All of these combinations suck. All of them.
    TOP - Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis - Freedoms New Zealand

Is that more to your taste?

What do you think?

I literally do not wish to vote for any of these parties. None of them meet my expectations. The parties I have contacted (with questions), over the past few weeks, via their provided "Get in touch with us" channels, have not even had the decency to respond.

They have three months to deliver something worth voting for. I am not holding my breath.

TOP - Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis - Freedoms New Zealand

Is that more to your taste?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 23-07-2023 at 03:39 PM.

What do you think?

I literally do not wish to vote for any of these parties. None of them meet my expectations. The parties I have contacted (with questions), over the past few weeks, via their provided "Get in touch with us" channels, have not even had the decency to respond.

They have three months to deliver something worth voting for. I am not holding my breath.
    What about another Cindy?

Big promises, big teeth, plenty of spin & BS but no substance. That’s more your kind of leadership?

Guessing you flunked reading comprehension at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What about another Cindy?

Big promises, big teeth, plenty of spin & BS but no substance. That’s more your kind of leadership?

Guessing you flunked reading comprehension at school.
    You voted for her, remember?

100,000 new homes.

No more child poverty.

A kind society.

Racial & social harmony.

No more shame about children in NZ living in cars.

Relentlessly positive.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-07-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Advanced Member

Remember, in the Ardern Govt, Winston prevented the govt from introducing a CGT, prevented reforming the legal process around sexual assault, prevented reducing the price of EV's, prevented putting cameras on commercial fishing boats to protect endangered & overfished species, prevented hate speech legislation after the Christchurch massacre, but did get the Provincial Growth Fund to pay for a new horse racing covered track in Christchurch.

While at the same time NZF was being funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars by the NZ First Foundation, & all hell broke loose when details leaked to the media it had secretly received huge donations from the property, horse racing, commercial fishing & forestry sectors.

I have to ask who exactly who is NZF actually putting first ?

Only the mercurial Winston Peters could be the ex Deputy PM & Foreign Minister, while continuing to portray himself as the anti-establishment party.
    He once had great promise as a future PM, but a fatal flaw, always this destructive side to his character.
    Was a very popular & successful Foreign Minister in the Ardern govt apparently.
    Would never in a million years vote for NZF but he is always entertaining to have in parliament.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Remember, in the Ardern Govt, Winston prevented the govt from introducing a CGT, prevented reforming the legal process around sexual assault, prevented reducing the price of EV's, prevented putting cameras on commercial fishing boats to protect endangered & overfished species, prevented hate speech legislation after the Christchurch massacre, but did get the Provincial Growth Fund to pay for a new horse racing covered track in Christchurch.

While at the same time NZF was being funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars by the NZ First Foundation, & all hell broke loose when details leaked to the media it had secretly received huge donations from the property, horse racing, commercial fishing & forestry sectors.

I have to ask who exactly who is NZF actually putting first ?

Only the mercurial Winston Peters could be the ex Deputy PM & Foreign Minister, while continuing to portray himself as the anti-establishment party.
    He once had great promise as a future PM, but a fatal flaw, always this destructive side to his character.
    Was a very popular & successful Foreign Minister in the Ardern govt apparently.
    Would never in a million years vote for NZF but he is always entertaining to have in parliament.
    People don’t really want solutions to problems, they want ‘entertainment’ aye.

Winston was able to stop a lot of Leftist stuff, it’s true - but Labour wouldn’t have even been there in power if not for Winston.

Winston was going to curb immigration, then he sold out for the usual baubles of office & a slush fund. ‘Put me in the kingmaker position….so I can then do as I please’.

Winston may get back because there will be angry and confused people out there who actually still believe Winston ‘will work for us’. Poor desperate fools.

Guru

Winston channels anything that might get him a vote.
    Can Winston Peters ride a 'freedom' wave to Parliament?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...id=app-android

People don’t really want solutions to problems, they want ‘entertainment’ aye.

Winston was able to stop a lot of Leftist stuff, it’s true - but Labour wouldn’t have even been there in power if not for Winston.

Winston was going to curb immigration, then he sold out for the usual baubles of office & a slush fund. ‘Put me in the kingmaker position….so I can then do as I please’.

Winston may get back because there will be angry and confused people out there who actually still believe Winston ‘will work for us’. Poor desperate fools.
    He is tapping into a very very rich vein of disillusionment, disappointment, fear and above all, anger at all the woke policies & practices of this useless government, as well as harnessing the anti-Maorification votes of white middle class NZers.

And justifiably so as the other parties in Opposition are tiptoeing around the issues. Winston does not fear being called a racist - in fact, that will deliver him even more votes.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-07-2023 at 05:18 PM.