sharetrader
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    He is tapping into a very very rich vein of disillusionment, disappointment, fear and above all, anger at all the woke policies & practices of this useless government, as well as harnessing the anti-Maorification votes of white middle class NZers.

And justifiably so as the other parties in Opposition are tiptoeing around the issues. Winston does not fear being called a racist - in fact, that will deliver him even more votes.
    He says stuff, then when he’s in government he’s in London staying at a flash hotel as Minister of Foreign Affairs, then when he’s back home he’s down at the race track watching the gee gees. How are those 1 billion trees looking. He’ll say whatever he has to to get votes, then he’ll deliver nothing.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 23-07-2023 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    He says stuff, then when he’s in government he’s in London staying at a flash hotel as Minister of Foreign Affairs, then when he’s back home he’s down at the race track watching the gee gees. How are those 1 billion trees looking. He’ll say whatever he has to to get votes, then he’ll deliver nothing.
    Agree with you 100%.

I am simply making observations about his modus operandi.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Agree with you 100%.

I am simply making observations about his modus operandi.
    ‘Take our country back’. So have Winnie and his 5% (if he can scrape them up) hijack New Zealand for their (his) own ends again. Disgusting.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...eback-campaign

Take our country back': Winston Peters fires up as he launches comeback campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Remember, in the Ardern Govt, Winston prevented the govt from introducing a CGT, prevented reforming the legal process around sexual assault, prevented reducing the price of EV's, prevented putting cameras on commercial fishing boats to protect endangered & overfished species, prevented hate speech legislation after the Christchurch massacre, but did get the Provincial Growth Fund to pay for a new horse racing covered track in Christchurch.

While at the same time NZF was being funded by hundreds of thousands of dollars by the NZ First Foundation, & all hell broke loose when details leaked to the media it had secretly received huge donations from the property, horse racing, commercial fishing & forestry sectors.

I have to ask who exactly who is NZF actually putting first ?

Only the mercurial Winston Peters could be the ex Deputy PM & Foreign Minister, while continuing to portray himself as the anti-establishment party.
    He once had great promise as a future PM, but a fatal flaw, always this destructive side to his character.
    Was a very popular & successful Foreign Minister in the Ardern govt apparently.
    Would never in a million years vote for NZF but he is always entertaining to have in parliament.
    I still believe we need Winnie in gov't because it keeps the playing field level. His comments need to be heard to maintain that balance. I wholly don't believe it was all in Winston's doing for stopping the introduction of CGT during their tri-party coalition. Labour won the majority in the following term and 'could have' easily implemented CGT at that time.

He still has a following among the seniors as he delivered on the Gold Card scheme. I also would welcome him as a Foreign Minister at any day than that tattooed up Mahunta lady.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I still believe we need Winnie in gov't because it keeps the playing field level. His comments need to be heard to maintain that balance. I wholly don't believe it was all in Winston's doing for stopping the introduction of CGT during their tri-party coalition. Labour won the majority in the following term and 'could have' easily implemented CGT at that time.

He still has a following among the seniors as he delivered on the Gold Card scheme. I also would welcome him as a Foreign Minister at any day than that tattooed up Mahunta lady.
    SBQ, for chris!s sake imo if winny told me that water was wet I would get another opinion !!

Guru

Extraordinary that former PM’s like Helen Clark, John Key, Bill English, Jacinda Ardern all have their time in the sun and then shuffle off, and the public indeed do say ‘zip it, you had their time’ or one or the other of the following:
    “He was the worst PM we’ve ever had”
    or
    “She was the worst PM we’ve ever had”

Yet Winston Peters has been a key member of government after government, has enjoyed the baubles of office like nobody else, including plum roles of Treasurer, Minister of Finance, and Deputy Prime Minister. Yet he continues to slither away from any culpability when things go wrong in these governments. He washes his hands of whoever it is he got into bed with, like a modern day Pontius Pilate. And he keeps getting away with it. Because all he needs is just over 5% of the vote to put himself in the cat-bird seat and reap outsized rewards. So he tells people what they want to hear. If he decides people are concerned about immigration, he tells them he’ll do something about immigration. If he decides people are concerned about law and order, he tells them he’ll do something about law and order. It’s the exact same con job every time, by the exact same bs artist!

Extraordinary that former PM’s like Helen Clark, John Key, Bill English, Jacinda Ardern all have their time in the sun and then shuffle off, and the public indeed do say ‘zip it, you had their time’ or one or the other of the following:
    or

Yet Winston Peters has been a key member of government after government, has enjoyed the baubles of office like nobody else, including plum roles of Treasurer, Minister of Finance, and Deputy Prime Minister. Yet he continues to slither away from any culpability when things go wrong in these governments. He washes his hands of whoever it is he got into bed with, like a modern day Pontius Pilate. And he keeps getting away with it. Because all he needs is just over 5% of the vote to put himself in the cat-bird seat and reap outsized rewards. So he tells people what they want to hear. If he decides people are concerned about immigration, he tells them he’ll do something about immigration. If he decides people are concerned about law and order, he tells them he’ll do something about law and order. It’s the exact same con job every time, by the exact same bs artist!
    Sounds like someone is worried.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Sounds like someone is worried.
    Simply calling it as I see it, though that comment is actually pretty revealing of you and your motivations for posting though.

Going back to Peters yet again - if it happens - would be just emblematic of New Zealand I guess. A country in a fair amount of disarray and getting a fair bit of a comeuppance of late, after shoulders were dislocated patting ourselves on the back for a few years. Hubris. A prime example of hubris.

Simply calling it as I see it, though that comment is actually pretty revealing of you and your motivations for posting though.

Going back to Peters yet again - if it happens - would be just emblematic of New Zealand I guess. A country in a fair amount of disarray and getting a fair bit of a comeuppance of late, after shoulders were dislocated patting ourselves on the back for a few years. Hubris. A prime example of hubris.
    And what in your imagination does it reveal?
    Remember according to you I am a Labour puppet.

Guru

or

Yes and how many of them fired him ?