sharetrader
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    No room for that after the 5.5 years squandering & empty tin that Labour's dumba%ses will likely leave behind

Have you not noticed Robbo's Election Year Budget only included booby prizes & free tokens ?
    Doesn't stop national promising baby boost, tax cuts for the wealthy, restoring DHBs.

Or Act who won't let auditors in to check their alternative budget.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 14-08-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Doesn't stop national promising baby boost, tax cuts for the wealthy, restoring DHBs.

Or Act who won't let auditers in to check their alternative budget.

Unfortunately Labour & Greens only manage to throw bucketfuls at B*m Deals which achieve nothing
    but a large hole, huge debt and few if any benefits .. 5.5 years of Labour's clueless incompetence
    not enough pot hole depth attained for Nelsonians yet ?

As Labour Slogan says - they landed you in it - Chump
    Last edited by nztx; 14-08-2023 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Peters , if given the opportunity, will go wherever he can extract the most for himself & NZ First.
    He and John Tamihere will do a deal to install Hipkins as a figurehead PM, if it suits their own agenda & ambition.
    Peters saying he won’t go with Labour is meaningless.
    Somehow I don't believe that will happen. The circumstances now are different 6 years ago based on the fact that we've had the Labour Party run while back then, they viewed it as a time for a change from the long running National Party rule. Most of the things that Labour did do, left such a bad taste in Peter's mouth that he's not going to disappoint his key voters ; the elder / senior category who have a strong tie with an older NZ, a less modern, how I say, all inclusion thinking that puts race before, merit.

Here in Christchurch, I notice more and more of the Labour Party signage on the fences of people's homes. This tells me that they're ill informed and 'don't know any better'.

Dilettante

Peters and Tamihere hate each other.. he despises the maori party rabble.
    Their thirst for power at all cost overrides the “hate for each other”
    Both are desperate and dangerous people
    This is highly likely to be Winston’s last run and he will do whatever it takes not to spend his last term (if he makes it) in opposition. I simply don’t trust anything he says
    Last edited by iceman; 15-08-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Advanced Member

Expect Winston/NZF to be back in Parliament and Government as they get 6+% of the vote.

Many who would otherwise vote Labour will see him as the only palatable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Expect Winston/NZF to be back in Parliament and Government as they get 6+% of the vote.

Many who would otherwise vote Labour will see him as the only palatable option.
    I find that those that voted for Labour pre Covid, would still vote for them today. I find the NZF camp is very different to Labour policies and generally, the voters in each camp do not mix.

Guru

I have to say that parliament has never been this boring listening to what passes as "opposition".

Winne even at his age could bring in the memes and become the "effective opposition".

Legend

I have to say that parliament has never been this boring listening to what passes as "opposition".

Winne even at his age could bring in the memes and become the "effective opposition".

Best blame your Lab/Green mates for lack of enjoyment there Comrade

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/electi...IEW6HLVEMFP6M/

Election 2023: Shane Jones appeals to Northland voters through TikTok song

Things must be getting desperate .. if Shane is already practicing for new job in the Entertainment industry

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I find that those that voted for Labour pre Covid, would still vote for them today. I find the NZF camp is very different to Labour policies and generally, the voters in each camp do not mix.
    I concur that many are as cosy with Labour as they ever were.

However I'm referring to those previous supporters who recognise the racist divisive side of Labour's policies.

They can't swap their vote to Green as they are as bad or worse, and would not be comfortable with the Right.

Hence Winston/NZF.

Others may choose to abstain.

A lot will depend on how the players show their cards during the election campaign.