sharetrader
Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    I concur that many are as cosy with Labour as they ever were.

However I'm referring to those previous supporters who recognise the racist divisive side of Labour's policies.

They can't swap their vote to Green as they are as bad or worse, and would not be comfortable with the Right.

Hence Winston/NZF.

Others may choose to abstain.

A lot will depend on how the players show their cards during the election campaign.
    My belief for keeping Winston in the political game is simple. We need someone that keeps the balance in politics. It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?

Also I find he's not so bad when he talks. He often hits the nail right on the head that so many political parties miss (or try to sneak things through). I would not be surprised if NZF gets 10% of the vote.

He could be the Cat in the Red Dwarf coalition, along with Kryten & Rimmer.
    Lister was clearly a lefty and has been jettisoned into space.

The latest polls are suggesting Winston is very much in the race!
    The new coalition may not be NACT but NAF! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The latest polls are suggesting Winston is very much in the race!
    The new coalition may not be NACT but NAF! ��
    Have you seen the Winston / Peter Williams
    interview.
    What can I say, Winston said a lot that I cannot disagree with.
    He has come back with a vengeance. Labour did a job on him , I am seeing something in him I am liking a lot.
    Last edited by ynot; 09-09-2023 at 09:50 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    My belief for keeping Winston in the political game is simple. We need someone that keeps the balance in politics. It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?

Also I find he's not so bad when he talks. He often hits the nail right on the head that so many political parties miss (or try to sneak things through). I would not be surprised if NZF gets 10% of the vote.
    ‘It was a good thing that NZF was part of the 3 way coalition. Though it only lasted 3 years, imagine the damage that Labour would have in a full 6 year ruling term?’

———

Huh? The ‘Coalition of Losers’ could only be formed if it was enabled to by Winston!

He wasn’t sitting there thinking “Geez, this Labour government is inevitable….I better enter into a coalition with them so I can act as a real handbrake and stop them doing damage to our country”.

In 2017:
    National got 44.45% of the party vote.
    Labour got 36.89% of the party vote.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Have you seen the Winston / Peter Williams
    interview.
    What can I say, Winston said a lot that I cannot disagree with.
    He has come back with a vengeance. Labour did a job on him , I am seeing something in him I am liking a lot.
    Labour did a number on him? Like what? Made him Deputy PM, made him the Minister of Foreign Affairs, gave his lackey Shane Jones a multi-billion dollar ‘Provincial Growth Fund’ slush fund to administer?

Some of you people live an alternate reality. Peters is apparently a ‘conservative’ politician…who is happy to throw in with the progressives if he thinks he can milk them for all they are worth. ‘Did a number on him’….turn it up! Peters has a Hitlerian ability to make people believe his lies. He’s the best snake oil salesman we’ve ever seen in these parts.

Guru

NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was rather good during the 2017-2020 term... high approvals and labour ended up with 50% next election (then add greens at 8%).

Aside from the kiwibuild failure of course. Though instead of fixing it, labour used their majority for less important areas (dunno why).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was good during the 2017-2020 term... high approvals and labour ended up with 50% next election (then add greens at 8%).

Aside from the kiwibuild failure of course. Though instead of fixing it, labour used their majority for less important areas (dunno why).
    NZ Voters (rather than national party fans) thought the Lab-NZF govt was good during the 2017-2020 term...

————

So good that they booted the NZF part of that equation right out of Parliament.

2020 wasn’t about ‘a government’. It was a Presidential style election & a referendum on the PM’s handling of the COVID-19 Pandemic. It was about the Left and the flakey flip-floppers in the centre being absolutely bewitched and besotted by a certain toothy politician, who was marketed by our media as an international superstar and global heroine.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    So good that they booted the NZF part of that equation right out of Parliament.
    Their support mostly went to Labour and not national, even before the pandemic (Lab opinion poll vote share exceeded the 2017 result). NAct supported remained the same.

Winston deserves the credit though for making Labour electable and blocking ideas like repealing three strikes.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 07:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Their support mostly went to Labour even before the pandemic (Lab opinion poll vote share exceeded her 2017 result). Nact stayed the same.

Winston deserves credit though for making labour electable and blocking silly ideas like repealing three strikes.
    Oops crime spree!
    I thought you were a died-in-the-wool Labourite. Turns out that you are a flakey left of centre flip flopper who has gone weak at the knees when exposed once again to the twinkle in Winston’s eye, his radiant smile, and his sincere promise that he’s ‘in it for you’.