sharetrader
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Labour did a number on him? Like what? Made him Deputy PM, made him the Minister of Foreign Affairs, gave his lackey Shane Jones a multi-billion dollar ‘Provincial Growth Fund’ slush fund to administer?

Some of you people live an alternate reality. Peters is apparently a ‘conservative’ politician…who is happy to throw in with the progressives if he thinks he can milk them for all they are worth. ‘Did a number on him’….turn it up! Peters has a Hitlerian ability to make people believe his lies. He’s the best snake oil salesman we’ve ever seen in these parts.
    I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.
    I do think he screwed up siding with her and I suspect he knows that.
    All that aside, he is making some good points regards where we stand as a nation and what we can do to rectify it. Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.

Guru

All gangs should be designated terrorist entities - NZ First.

https://www.nzfirst.nz/all-gangs-sho...orist-entities

Maybe terrorism is too much, "organised crime" is more accurate. Though, a new legal framework for dealing with organised crime could be helpful.

Rather than banning clothing like Luxon wants, the end goal should be a fundamental disruption of their operations (within days) by the Armed offenders squad. Start with one gang at a time in all of their locations simultaneously and then sentence them for being part of an organised crime group.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.
    All that aside, he is making some good points regards where we stand as a nation and what we can do to rectify it. Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.
    The SFO investigation was rather interesting with it's timing wasn't it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    'I do believe Ardern did do a number on him. She used him for sure and he overestimated his importance in her plan.'

Extraordinary thinking. Winston is purportedly the ultimate wily and crafty political veteran, the man who trumpets his experience and nous as his most vital virtue. The man who entered Parliament way back in 1978 (6 years before Jacinda Ardern was born) and formed NZ First in 1993 (when Ardern was 13, one year before she got her first job at Golden Kiwi fish and chip shop). The man who formed coalition governments with National and Labour years (decades) before 2017.

Yet you describe him as a naive and easily duped idiot, a too-trusting rube casually tricked by Labours politically wet-behind-the-ears new leader, a person who had only been Labour leader for 7 weeks prior to the 2017 election. A simpelton to be used and then biffed in the bin at the first convenient opportunity by someone vastly less experienced, who apparently outmanouevered him with ease. Why would I vote for such a person?

I guess that's the key to Winston's success: he can be any number of things at the same time, he just has to smile and chuckle and - for a certain segment of society - all common sense and logic simply melts away.

-----

'Luxon on the other hand is a closet lefty in my view.'

So we have Winston Peters on one hand. On the other hand we have 'a closet lefty'.
    Just how far Left is Luxon do you think? Is he so far Left that he'd enter into a coalition with the Labour party? Is that what you fear?

I know someone who entered into a coalition - twice - with NZ's main Left wing party. His name? Winston Peters.

Again, extraordinary and frankly quite baffling thinking.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 10-09-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Guru

Labour had all the good portfolios and the full resources of govt beind them.. Winston had one ministry. There's a power imbalance there that not even experience can remedy.

Plus we all know the media is against him..
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Labour had all the good portfolios and the full resources of govt beind them.. Winston had one ministry. There's a power imbalance there that not even experience can remedy.

Plus we all know the media is against him.
    Epic trolling. Really first class stuff.

One ministry? Too lazy to even do even do the most cursory bit of fact checking?

'On 26 October 2017, Peters assumed the positions of Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister for State Owned Enterprises, and Minister of Racing.

On 19 January 2018, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced that she was pregnant and that Peters would take the role of Acting Prime Minister for six weeks after the delivery, which happened on 21 June 2018. Peters managed the "day to day" business of the country while Ardern was on maternity leave—a first in modern politics.'

Guru

It seems odd that your motivation is to get rid of LABGRETEPATI..

Then spend all this time attacking Winston for doing what MMP is intended for.

When the easiest route for the "left" is for Winnie to get below 5%.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    It seems odd that your motivation is to get rid of LABGRETEPATI..

Then spend all this time attacking Winston for doing what MMP is intended for.

When the easiest route for the "left" is for Winnie to get below 5%.
    If Winnie gets over 5% by pilfering a fair chunk of the centre-right vote then that would certainly play into the Lefts hands. Some unscrupulous person in an on-line forum could extol Winstons virtues to the crowd....while they themselves cast their vote for Labour - as they always intended.
    I am sure LABGREETEPATI supporters would enjoy seeing the right cannabilise itself, enabling a genuine maverick like Winston to muddy the waters.

Guru

The right needs both charisma and ethnic diversity lets face it.

When the left throws the "race" grenade into the camp over kianga ora evictions and law and order policies.. oh dear.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    If Winnie gets over 5% by pilfering a fair chunk of the centre-right vote then that would certainly play into the Lefts hands. Some unscrupulous person in an on-line forum could extol Winstons virtues to the crowd....while they themselves cast their vote for Labour - as they always intended.
    Polls often understate Winnies support and given he's at 6% it would make sense for me to bag him currently if I was a labourite.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 10-09-2023 at 09:10 PM.