sharetrader
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think the fact that Winston drove up to Northland yesterday to devote the last 36 hours of campaigning there is him admitting NZF is at a real risk of not making the 5%. Here's hoping !!
    That would leave National without a coaltion partner. No thanks. I'd rather see National with silly old Winston than Labour - greens.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That would leave National without a coaltion partner. No thanks. I'd rather see National with silly old Winston than Labour - greens.
    Possibly FP. But should National get 54-56 seats themselves and neither Green or NZF make 5%, National could Govern on their own. A distant possibility but one that I rather desire !

There must be an on-line calculator thing somewhere that shows where seats go if parties votes gets wasted by not hitting 5% or getting a MP.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    There must be an on-line calculator thing somewhere that shows where seats go if parties votes gets wasted by not hitting 5% or getting a MP.
    The votes go into the rubbish bin and aare totally discarded, and that gives a new total of votes cast - which is then allocated according to the % of counted votes.

Dilettante

They become invalid so in theory they are proportionally split to those that make it to Parliament
    Last edited by iceman; 22-09-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: addition

A lot of the people that I associate with are going to vote for Winston and tick blue. Northland electorate has been shockingly served by National over decades. The people up here like Winston because he cares more for Northland than any other recent MP. The National candidate,Matt King, is warmly regarded and people think he will get his chance next election.

if you relly keen

http://www.elections.org.nz/voting-s...ion-calculator
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Possibly FP. But should National get 54-56 seats themselves and neither Green or NZF make 5%, National could Govern on their own. A distant possibility but one that I rather desire !

I agree that it's desirable, but there is no chance of The Kermits falling below 5%.
    I can see National votes equal to the Taxcinda/Kermit total.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 22-09-2017 at 01:25 PM.

I agree that it's desirable, but there is no chance of The Kermits falling below 5%.
    I suppose the people with no values have to go somewhere.

Advanced Member

Isn't it about time this guy shut up about the media and all and sundry? His major conspiracy theory is full on but his court case doesn't appear to name defendants and the judge is getting irritated and his lawyer claims that he has been very busy lately etc. I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.