sharetrader
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Isn't it about time this guy shut up about the media and all and sundry? His major conspiracy theory is full on but his court case doesn't appear to name defendants and the judge is getting irritated and his lawyer claims that he has been very busy lately etc. I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.
    I think Winston leaked the story about his pension himself
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    . I would like to know how an intelligent Lawyer couldn't work out his pension entitlement.
    This is all a nice distraction from this key point. It is inconceivable that in 2010 Peters did not know what superannuation he was signing up for. After all tens of thousands of ordinary New Zealanders do this every year.

And its inconceivable, that as an advocate for the "aged" constituency that Peters would not question the amount flowing into his bank account for his superannuation.

That's even aside for the moral question of him double dipping the tax payer with his parliamentary pay which includes sizeable contributions to the politicians superannuation scheme.

I guess we could feel sorry for him. He only owns 3 houses, got a directorship in Orewa Ltd and gets benefits from the Rawhiti Land Trust. He must be doing it hard.

And if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt how could we possibly have faith in him as deputy prime minister if he cant even comprehend a basic government form or reconcile his bank account.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    This is all a nice distraction from this key point. It is inconceivable that in 2010 Peters did not know what superannuation he was signing up for. After all tens of thousands of ordinary New Zealanders do this every year.

And its inconceivable, that as an advocate for the "aged" constituency that Peters would not question the amount flowing into his bank account for his superannuation.

That's even aside for the moral question of him double dipping the tax payer with his parliamentary pay which includes sizeable contributions to the politicians superannuation scheme.

I guess we could feel sorry for him. He only owns 3 houses, got a directorship in Orewa Ltd and gets benefits from the Rawhiti Land Trust. He must be doing it hard.

And if we are to give him the benefit of the doubt how could we possibly have faith in him as deputy prime minister if he cant even comprehend a basic government form or reconcile his bank account.
    How true, and how many others have got off scot free for making numerous false declarations simply because they paid it back when asked? Probably none.

Dilettante

WP off to North Korea on a small errand for Trump. Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be required over there for a year or two http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11944145

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    WP off to North Korea on a small errand for Trump. Good luck to him. Hopefully he will be required over there for a year or two http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11944145
    Hope he succeeds in his little mission

Sir Winston and Nobel Peace Price and Time Magazine Person of the Year all have a nice ring to them eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He was overpaid along with 50000 or so others. AS for double dipping there is nothing morally wrong with that it is legal. Much the same as minimising your tax by any legal means possible Something you would agree with. National took no steps to increase tax or to alter the situation.
    As for assets have a look at the list of MPs assets they have disclosed. Winston is a pauper compared with some. It is interesting how many trusts
    some have disclosed.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    He was overpaid along with 50000 or so others.
    And that makes it right does it? Still worries me he cant even rconcile his own personal bank statements.

AS for double dipping there is nothing morally wrong with that it is legal. Much the same as minimising your tax by any legal means possible Something you would agree with. National took no steps to increase tax or to alter the situation.
    No its not the same at all. On one hand I try to minimise tax as its my money to start with so I figure I should do all I can to keep as much as possible. In winston's case it is also part of my money to start with and he figures he can take me for as much as he can
    As for assets have a look at the list of MPs assets they have disclosed. Winston is a pauper compared with some. It is interesting how many trusts
    some have disclosed.

westerly
    I know. The hypocrisy of Metria Turie owning a castle while justifying her lies to obtain additional benefits by fraud was lost on many - including those in the Green Party.

I know. The hypocrisy of Metria Turie owning a castle while justifying her lies to obtain additional benefits by fraud was lost on many - including those in the Green Party.
    She boarded an AKL-NPL flight we me a few weeks ago and literally only looked at the floor during both the boarding and for the duration of the flight itself. I think she must know she is not popular.

And that makes it right does it? Still worries me he cant even rconcile his own personal bank statements.

No its not the same at all. On one hand I try to minimise tax as its my money to start with so I figure I should do all I can to keep as much as possible. In winston's case it is also part of my money to start with and he figures he can take me for as much as he can
    Jeez, how much of it is your money? You must pay a large amount of tax.

Her "castle" was bought for $137000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11195535

More untruths?

westerly

Jeez, how much of it is your money? You must pay a large amount of tax.

Her "castle" was bought for $137000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11195535

More untruths?

westerly
    Never any untruths from me - but perhaps some from Met Tu. She has form after all.

In the register of assets she has declared she owns :"Castle (jointly owned), Dunedin"