sharetrader
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Thanks for the heads up BS.

Could you please provide similar insight on the Labour hopefuls?
    You're like the TMO, the games moved on 5 phases, Labour have lost power & are not the government anymore.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    You're like the TMO, the games moved on 5 phases, Labour have lost power & are not the government anymore.
    Nice try.
    Or kick for touch. lol.

But some of us do want your wisdom on from whom we have been spared, as well as who to watch out for in the next tournament.

Perhaps it will help the stewards know who to scratch.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Nice try.
    Or kick for touch. lol.

But some of us do want your wisdom on from whom we have been spared, as well as who to watch out for in the next tournament.

Perhaps it will help the stewards know who to scratch.

Fair enough .

I haven't really looked at Parties outside the new govt, & I only mentioned those two NZF MP's because they already have quite high profiles in the media & some controversy about their values/beliefs conflicting with their own Parties let alone fitting with National & ACT policies.

I mean, Tanya Unkovich, a member of the Nuremberg Trials Group, likening Covid vaccination to Nazi War Crimes & putting journalists & politicians on trial ! Crazy stuff.
    and Andy Foster's support for Trans people putting him in direct conflict with NZF policies to restrict Trans rights, plus his leadership in the area of Co-governance in conflict with NZF & ACT policies !
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 04-11-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Guru

When are we going to have a goverment.

I though Luxon was a master negiotiator and loved making deals (ie the NZ Trump).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    A life lesson.
    The last time I had a bet for money was over 40 years ago.
    A friend goaded me into taking a bet with him which he lost, he asked for a double or quits & lost again, demanded another double or quits & lost again & now couldn't afford to pay me & I never pushed him for it & let it go.
    It tarnished a good friendship for years afterwards & I never bet again.
    I'm not about to change & start taking bets now.

Apart from that as I have repeatedly said, I don't think the coalition has a hope of lasting the full 3 year term.
    If you're so confident of the coalition lasting a Full Term, why have you set a bar well short of a Full 3 Year Term?
    Hipkins was only PM for 9 months & Kiri Allen Minister of Justice for 11 months & Jacinda was not much over halfway through her second Term before resigning,
    Yawn.

Spare me your bleeding heart BS story.

You are so confident about the incoming government not lasting, right?

My $5k cash will be with a lawyer’s trust account the minute you sign the bet agreement. Likewise, yours will obviously be expected to be in your lawyer’s trust account. Transfer to take place upon result of bet being confirmed in the future.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-11-2023 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

I though Luxon was a master negiotiator and loved making deals (ie the NZ Trump).
    Not sure that's fair.

Trump is a serial liar, don't think we can say that at this stage about Luxon.
    For Trump its only about himself, while for Luxon the business does matter.
    Trump is a clown, Luxon is a professional.

Clearly - this does not mean that Luxon is a good fit for the job (but we will see), nor that he will have an easy job at hand, but I think we should give him a chance.

If any of the three party leaders forming the next coalition is the NZ Trump, than this would be Winston.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

From panda-nz, ignoramus Labour peasant/loser, who wanted Ryman to do a share buyback using more debt when the company was close to defaulting on its debt burden.

Winston tells Stuff to "naff off".
    Love it.
    The sooner the lefty media goes down the gurgler the better.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...sult-confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Winston tells Stuff to "naff off".
    Love it.
    The sooner the lefty media goes down the gurgler the better.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/polit...sult-confirmed
    It is a very slippery slope you are on.

It is the task of the media to monitor and report on politics, and every time politicians try to fight and minimise the media they don't like the world ends up in deep sh*t.

Clearly - Peters is the closest to a NZ Trump - and if we really need to get a maverick into our government because the conservative camp was not able to pull the numbers with decent politicians, than we better hope our press is on their toes and reporting what these "gentlemen" plan to do.

Remember - politicians are supposed to represent the people, and they have to report to them. Peters is only trying to avoid and to bully them. Like Trump.

Peters is neither transparent nor honest (he lied before). He is clearly more interested about getting the baubles than he is in delivering on any of his promises. And - he loves to bully the media. He will need a lot of attention.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-11-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It is a very slippery slope you are on.

It is the task of the media to monitor and report on politics, and every time politicians try to fight and minimise the media they don't like the world ends up in deep sh*t.

Clearly - Peters is the closest to a NZ Trump - and if we really need to get a maverick into our government because the conservative camp was not able to pull the numbers with decent politicians, than we better hope our press is on their toes and reporting what these "gentlemen" plan to do.

Remember - politicians are supposed to represent the people, and they have to report to them. Peters is only trying to avoid and to bully them. Like Trump.

Peters is neither transparent nor honest (he lied before). He is clearly more interested about getting the baubles than he is in delivering on any of his promises. And - he loves to bully the media. He will need a lot of attention.
    To the contrary, I believe it us our left woke media who is on a slippery slope.
    My perception of good media is any without a biased agenda.
    If you BP can not see bias in our media that is your problem, not mine.