sharetrader
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    To the contrary, I believe it us our left woke media who is on a slippery slope.
    My perception of good media is any without a biased agenda.
    If you BP can not see bias in our media that is your problem, not mine.
    $55m from Comrade Cindy & her communist mob bought a lot of left wing media loyalty. Stuff has been a complicit and willing participant in implementing Labour’s hidden and divisive racist ideology.

Not only that, Stuff & TVNZ actively promoted & enforced the cancel culture on behalf of Cindy & the woke minority to shut down any discussion and debate of the despicable practice.

Sooner stuff is stuffed, the better.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-11-2023 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    $55m from Comrade Cindy & her communist mob bought a lot of left wing media loyalty. Stuff has been complicit and willing participant in implementing Labour’s hidden and divisive racist ideology. Not only that, it actively promoted & enforced the cancel culture on behalf of Cindy & the woke minority.

Sooner stuff is stuffed, the better.
    No Doubt about that in my mind.
    Some punters out there have swallowed such large doses of propaganda the don't know which way is up. Rather sad but like I said, that is their problem.
    Its great to see Winston calling them out. Sweet revenge.
    Last edited by ynot; 05-11-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    No Doubt about that in my mind.
    Some punters out there have swallowed such large doses of propaganda the don't know which way is up. Rather sad but like I said, that is their problem.
    Its great to see Winston calling them out. Sweet revenge.
    Look, Winston is an demented man (as his recent social media embarrassment demonstrates) who never achieved anything in government (well, but the gold card). He managed however quite well to conceal his incompetence with aggression towards anybody questioning him. Not unusual for people with dementia if untreated.

That you are cheerleading for him tells us a lot about you.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

This sort of **** really worries me. I was hoping Winston would do what the voters have asked of him but instead he stoops to this level of kindergarten crap. I'm frustrated
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/electi...JEAN5PPC56SDQ/

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This sort of **** really worries me. I was hoping Winston would do what the voters have asked of him but instead he stoops to this level of kindergarten crap. I'm frustrated
    He's already got what he needs from voters - they are now irrelevant for another 3 years.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    He's already got what he needs from voters - they are now irrelevant for another 3 years.
    Precisely, politics is only about 'gain power' and 'retain power' .. to make the laws.

Winston has the power to influence the make up of the next government, and there is no obligation on him or any of the prospective coalition, to disclose anything about the negotiations, until a government is formed.

We get ahead of ourselves, the public, in thinking these politicians have some obligation to communicate every step of the journey to deciding a government, they don't and they won't.

This is a contrived aggrievance from the the media getting miffed about being cut out of the discussions, poor them.

You vote, then, end of. They who you voted for, decide the government, or not. Then it's up to them, we have no right and they have no obligation to give a blow by blow status of the negotiations.

Politics is simple if you choose it to be so, it's just about the power to make the laws, gain power, retain power. Easier said than done, but none of them are obligated to keep you informed.

Advanced Member

In conjunction with Baa Baa's post above, I have some questions of BlackPeter or anyone who has lived through an MMP election overseas.

1. Does the media there get involved asking questions of the Party negotiators on all the protocol and etiquette exercised, eg, who rang who first, when did they do it, where are they meeting, who will be present, what policy is on the table etc etc,?

2. Do the public of Germany or anywhere else care about those questions?

3. Or do they just accept the election is over, and the leaders will thrash it out?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    He knows exactly what he is doing - playing to his target voters and audience.

Here's the sort of coverage the leftist media like to provide to their woke readers out there - disparaging of him and his supporters. Playing right into his hands.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...z-first-speech
    Last edited by Balance; 06-11-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    In conjunction with Baa Baa's post above, I have some questions of BlackPeter or anyone who has lived through an MMP election overseas.

1. Does the media there get involved asking questions of the Party negotiators on all the protocol and etiquette exercised, eg, who rang who first, when did they do it, where are they meeting, who will be present, what policy is on the table etc etc,?

2. Do the public of Germany or anywhere else care about those questions?

3. Or do they just accept the election is over, and the leaders will thrash it out?
    Good question - though the answer might be more about the media (compared to the Geman media) than about the election systems.

Back from Germany I remember after any election plenty of public and media interest around the issues and later on who will get which role (and yes, depending on who is negotiating, sometimes there are more and sometimes there are less leaks during the negotiations).

To the best of my recollection I can't remember any media reports in Germany concerning the in this country so important "kindergarten stuff" - who called whom first, who did take, didn't take or didn't return a call from whom, and who had a cup of tea with whom or used the same elevator.

But to be fair - the media spectrum in Germany is wider, i.e. it is easier to be selective which media to follow. Maybe I just tune into the wrong (or right German programs to miss all these exciting side issues?

But maybe media here are as well more transaction focussed instead of keeping the focus on the big picture? I don't want to judge whether this is a reflection on their consumers (for whom they produce).
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 06-11-2023 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fixing typos ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

I think the reason there's so much general interest this time in who Luxon rang first, was Winston putting Seymour in his place by deliberately ignoring Seymour when he made the first move, over the weekend why hasn't there been any appointment made for the 3 leaders to get together later this week, (normally the Chiefs of Staff would work out this out over the weekend) etc

- is because of the conflict & incredibly strained dynamics between the personalities of the 3 coalition partners. This is unprecedented in NZ's MMP, not normal.

When was the last time you had 2 Leaders having to go into Coalition with each other who have so deeply personally insulted each other & a 3rd Luxon & Willis who have been so adamant they did not want to have to go into coalition with Winston.

Remember only weeks ago Seymour said it would be impossible to sit around the Cabinet table with Winston, & not going to sit around the Cabinet table with this clown & he was the least trustworthy politician in NZ politics,
    And in 2020 saying Winston will soon be retired & requiring a Care-worker to help him get dressed & go for a walk.
    And Winston describing Seymour as a small dog who sits at the front gate barking at every passing cat, human or fellow dog that passes by.
    And thats only a couple of the barbs they've traded with each other.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 06-11-2023 at 12:59 PM.