sharetrader
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Advanced Member

With Winston looking like making a come back promoting NZF policy to remove all references to The Treaty from our laws, and ACT pushing a bottom line of a referendum on The Treaty, they are both going hard after the same anti co-governance vote. (And same rural Groundswell vote)
    Next polls will be fascinating.
    Could prove a headache for National as ACT loses a chunk of voters to NZF leaving National ACT coalition short & needing 2 coalition partners instead of 1.
    National won't want to negotiate with Winston. And he would walk all over inexperienced Luxon if they were in coalition together.
    Alternatively might be helpful to National if it takes some of the negotiation leverage away from ACT.

Risk on it allows Labour & Greens to come through the middle.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 15-10-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Guru

He's competitive with Luxon on facebook likes for his posts despite being a party orientated towards elderly voters.

Easily sweeps aside the millionaire funded Act.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    With Winston looking like making a come back promoting NZF policy to remove all references to The Treaty from our laws, and ACT pushing a bottom line of a referendum on The Treaty, they are both going hard after the same anti co-governance vote. (And same rural Groundswell vote)
    Next polls will be fascinating.
    Could prove a headache for National as ACT loses a chunk of voters to NZF leaving National ACT coalition short & needing 2 coalition partners instead of 1.
    National won't want to negotiate with Winston. And he would walk all over inexperienced Luxon if they were in coalition together.
    Alternatively might be helpful to National if it takes some of the negotiation leverage away from ACT.

Risk on it allows Labour & Greens to come through the middle.
    I think you are wrong to a significant degree that ACT and Winnie are going after the same vote. The most recent Roy Morgan poll shows 18.5% of men aged 18-49 and 12.5% of women in that age group, intending to vote ACT.
    I doubt many of them would vote for Winston First.
    I really think and hope voters have had enough of Winston's grandstanding, populism and deceitful behaviour for the sole purpose of feathering his own nest.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/t...since-may-2022
    Last edited by iceman; 16-10-2022 at 05:42 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think you are wrong to a significant degree that ACT and Winnie are going after the same vote. The most recent Roy Morgan poll shows 18.5% of men aged 18-49 and 12.5% of women in that age group, intending to vote ACT.
    I doubt many of them would vote for Winston First.
    I really think and hope voters have had enough of Winston's grandstanding, populism and deceitful behaviour for the sole purpose of feathering his own nest.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/t...since-may-2022
    Didn't some poll have Winston First at 4.5% quite recently? Hard to believe, but he's not called Lazarus for nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dca8SSxXCmM
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 16-10-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Advanced Member

Winston is one of very few who can publicly articulate an antidote to Labour's race based divisive policies, and their effect on NZ.

That will make him more relevant to voters and give NZ First a new lease of life.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Winston is back, with NZ First on the comeback trial, reports todays NZ Herald.

Labours out he says...
    IMHO would you believe ANYTHING the ma$$ot says?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    He's competitive with Luxon on facebook likes for his posts despite being a party orientated towards elderly voters.

Easily sweeps aside the millionaire funded Act.
    Better that the lacky union funding for the labours party !!
    Last edited by whatsup; 01-12-2022 at 10:01 AM.

Guru

Winston is one of very few who can publicly articulate an antidote to Labour's race based divisive policies, and their effect on NZ.

That will make him more relevant to voters and give NZ First a new lease of life.
    As he talks to himself in the mirror each morning while shaving !

Advanced Member

It's not about what just a few of us posters here think, but more how he/NZF resonate with voters during the election campaign.

I'm picking there will be many dispossessed past Labour voters who won't vote Blue so NZF could be their option.

Advanced Member

It's not about what just a few of us posters here think, but more how he/NZF resonate with voters during the election campaign.

I'm picking there will be many dispossessed past Labour voters who won't vote Blue so NZF could be their option.
    Which leads on to say Lux would be silly to rule out working with NZF post election.