sharetrader
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres Winston?

Here’s Winston - saving his energy for the last few months of the election campaign?

He must be pleased as they had to add extra seats at his campaign meeting in Dunedin!

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/%...tical%E2%80%99

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Here’s Winston - saving his energy for the last few months of the election campaign?

He must be pleased as they had to add extra seats at his campaign meeting in Dunedin!

Politicians do not like a photo in the paper showing empty seats - so they generally put out just a few rows initially which gets the audience up the front, and as they fill up they add an extra row at the back- and keep adding a row at a time - so there's never an empty seat, and the opportunity to claim 'we had to add extra seats'.
    I was at that meeting and watched how they set out extra rows as the seats filled - carefully avoiding putting out any more until they were needed.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Politicians do not like a photo in the paper showing empty seats - so they generally put out just a few rows initially which gets the audience up the front, and as they fill up they add an extra row at the back- and keep adding a row at a time - so there's never an empty seat, and the opportunity to claim 'we had to add extra seats'.
    I was at that meeting and watched how they set out extra rows as the seats filled - carefully avoiding putting out any more until they were needed.
    Good point, fp.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Thank you. I didn't know that.

Legend

Dont be shy now Winston .. do come out and play

There are plenty of hurting former Labour Supporters abandoned on Poverty Street for you to play

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Dont be shy now Winston .. do come out and play

There are plenty of hurting former Labour Supporters abandoned on Poverty Street for you to play
    Anyone else notice Winston’s shaky hands these days? Seriously.

Legend

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/conten...48&format=webp

Earth to Ground Control: Request second Blast Off Attempt .. the elderly Astronaut has returned without his rocket alleging malfunction & didn't manage to reach the 1st desired planet 500,000 light years away
    Last edited by nztx; 17-07-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone else notice Winston’s shaky hands these days? Seriously.
    A glass of whisky will soon settle that down

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...GBZCER3VPE25I/

Election 2023: NZ First’s Winston Peters on biggest threat to its campaign

“Now a number of you, I know, in the audience have already said to me, ‘Oh Shane, why did you fullas bloody hook up with Labour in 2017, the reason we’ve got the dramas in 2023 is because you breathed life into a coalition agreement led by Jacinda Ardern’,” Jones quoted back to the 70-strong crowd.

Can you be trusted - Bro ?

Did someone rock the chairs to wake up Winnie and Shane from their deep sleep for another one in every three years little wander around ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...GBZCER3VPE25I/

Election 2023: NZ First’s Winston Peters on biggest threat to its campaign

Can you be trusted - Bro ?

Did someone rock the chairs to wake up Winnie and Shane from their deep sleep for another one in every three years little wander around ?
    Sounds like Jones knows full well the exact reason nobody should ever vote Winston First ever again. Him and Winnie threw New Zealand under the bus.