sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Investor

Hopefully a National led government.

Advanced Member

I was reasonably sure that Labour would win for no other reason than the NZ practice of changing governments every three terms but Labour's lack of leadership problems caused me to think twice. JA changed all that for a time but she arrived too early if any thing. She has ridden the "I" horse a bit too much with rarely a "we" or an "us" anywhere to be heard. Without her the party is still a headless chicken and I suspect many voters want more than a shiny bright leader. I will pick a National government with a small but clear majority. Bill English is far closer to the good keen bloke image than I gave him credit for and I suspect that he has gained a lot of support during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Having just reprimanded JT for being of topic are you not doing the same?

westerly
    On Topic " What Govt will we wake up to and when." Winston will most likely form part of the next government - but on which side. That's the call posters on this thread will need to make.

Trying to get outta here

From a personal moral value viewpoint, in hoping either National alone or with NZF, Labour and the Greens are morally bankrupt according to my values.

Can't see Labour being the largest party this time round...

Just guessing, I say we'll have a Nat/NZF govt this time next week. Now.. what (securities) should I buy?

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    From a personal moral value viewpoint, in hoping either National alone or with NZF, Labour and the Greens are morally bankrupt according to my values.
    So your values value lying to the country. Have you seen joyce bennett and bill are already demoted if/when national lose. looks like some in national coming through have values.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I was reasonably sure that Labour would win for no other reason than the NZ practice of changing governments every three terms but Labour's lack of leadership problems caused me to think twice. JA changed all that for a time but she arrived too early if any thing. She has ridden the "I" horse a bit too much with rarely a "we" or an "us" anywhere to be heard. Without her the party is still a headless chicken and I suspect many voters want more than a shiny bright leader. I will pick a National government with a small but clear majority. Bill English is far closer to the good keen bloke image than I gave him credit for and I suspect that he has gained a lot of support during the campaign.

He is indeed a good keen corrupt bloke; This has been the most corrupt fake news election we have ever had.Trump will be ringing him up to say "fake it more bill next time".

Trying to get outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So your values value lying to the country. Have you seen joyce bennett and bill are already demoted if/when national lose. looks like some in national coming through have values.
    I'm talking about values like Abortion/Marriage/Euthanasia etc, nuff said

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    He is indeed a good keen corrupt bloke; This has been the most corrupt fake news election we have ever had.Trump will be ringing him up to say "fake it more bill next time".
    Whats with the name calling and insults?

Craic

do you still stand by your prediction that Stuart Nash has no hope of winning again in Napier??

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think the most likely scenario is National/NZF but without ACT. I can't see Winston wanting Seymour or vice versa, unless they need him for confidence and supply. But if that is the case, then such a 1 majority Government would never last anyway so probably should not be attempted.Iceman
    If Nat/NZF Government will be formed it will be a real challenge for English to manage Peters as well as his own caucus. From the outset English needs to ruthlessly cull some senior people like Smith, Collins, Tolley, Upston, Carter, Guy and possibly some others. Then appoint Deputies with Brownlee and Joyce that will take over mid term when they retire. Bennett, Kaye, Adams, Bridges, Goldsmith, Ross and some others should become the senior faces of National for the 2020 election !!
    Iceman
    You make some good points. A National NZF government will inevitably have severe internal tensions which will be a challenge to manage. The other iceberg floating in the ocean is the looming severe downturn in the Auckland housing market. The married and overmortgaged will be under extreme financial stress.
    Inevitably they will direct their anger at the government, no matter who is in power.

Excellent synopsis craic...totally agree....

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Whats with the name calling and insults?
    Facts facts facts. Does your auto editing device remove them?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Craic

do you still stand by your prediction that Stuart Nash has no hope of winning again in Napier??
    He will win and he will be the next leader of the Labour party.

Update Ready To Install

He looks promising in the future as long as he doesn't do an "honest" joyce or english impression. If national lose the election joyce english and bennett are gone and bridges ,adams, kaye and collins are being vetted.