sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Facts facts facts. Does your auto editing device remove them?
    No I don't really care, call Joyce or Bill anything you like. Just don't complain and moan when darling Taxinda gets a nickname.

Guru

He looks promising in the future as long as he doesn't do an "honest" joyce or english impression. If national lose the election joyce english and bennett are gone and bridges ,adams, kaye and collins are being vetted.
    Stop being silly.

Update Ready To Install

National plans post election
    There has been a quiet debate going on among MPs about this possibility as the campaign has unfolded.
    As much as there is a consensus audible to outside ears, it would appear that any thought of a Bennett-Joyce leadership has lost support.
    Amy Adams and Simon Bridges would seem a more likely combination but rapidly coming down the straight is Education Minister, Nikki Kaye, who produced the one genuinely innovative bit of policy during National's campaign with her proposal to make a foreign language compulsory in primary schools.
    And of course, there is Judith Collins who has been able to demonstrate through the Marsden Point fuel crisis what is often forgotten about her; that she is a highly competent Minister.

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Stop being silly.
    Name calling ;id be very very careful if i was you.

Guru

Name calling ;id be very very careful if i was you.
    I'd go and learn about puctuation and basic grammar if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'd go and learn about puctuation and basic grammar if I were you.
    Probably too much to ask someone to use the subjunctive these days. Is there an emoji for that?

Update Ready To Install

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    No I don't really care, call Joyce or Bill anything you like. Just don't complain and moan when darling Taxinda gets a nickname.
    Is that some accountancy business in your 'hood

National plans post election
    There has been a quiet debate going on among MPs about this possibility as the campaign has unfolded.
    As much as there is a consensus audible to outside ears, it would appear that any thought of a Bennett-Joyce leadership has lost support.
    Amy Adams and Simon Bridges would seem a more likely combination but rapidly coming down the straight is Education Minister, Nikki Kaye, who produced the one genuinely innovative bit of policy during National's campaign with her proposal to make a foreign language compulsory in primary schools.
    And of course, there is Judith Collins who has been able to demonstrate through the Marsden Point fuel crisis what is often forgotten about her; that she is a highly competent Minister.
    It'd be helpful if you named your source JT. Is this from a political journo or Labour's PR team?

Update Ready To Install

looking good for ;Kelvin
    Seat watch: the Māori electorates

By Leonie Hayden | Staff Writer
    September 22, 2017

The campaign for the Māori seats has been defined by drama and intrigue, with noble families protecting ancient fiefdoms and usurpers lurking around every corner like some kind of popular fantasy series.
    As of 19 September, 241,602 people were enrolled on the Māori electoral roll with the 18 – 24 group by far the largest demographic and 70+ the smallest – the inverse of the general electoral roll. It’s almost like Māori have a worldview and values distinct from the default western mindset!
    The contest for the Māori seats has felt George RR Martin-esque at times (minus the incest… presumably), with candidates changing allegiance at the last minute and family members trying to kill usurp each other.
    Currently Labour holds six of the seven seats and has made clear their intention to sit on the throne in all seven kingdoms after Saturday. Will they do it?
    Below, a whistlestop tour of the seats. Note that the poll numbers, while often a useful guide, are even less reliable than most, given the size of the electorates, the time span over which they were surveyed, and the youth-skewed demographics. They’ve proved wrong in the past.
    Te Tai Tokerau

Having won three elections and one by-election in Te Tai Tokerau, Hone Harawira seemed like an immutable Northland Kauri. But then disastrously he joined forces with German millionaire Kim Dotcom in 2014 and lost his seat to Labour’s Kelvin Davis. While Davis isn’t keen on all the driving he has to do around the electorate he is way out ahead in the poll.
    This time around Harawira has struck a different deal, agreeing not to stand a Mana candidate in any of the other six seats in exchange for the Māori Party putting up no one against him in Te Tai Tokerau. At this stage, it looks like he got the worse end of the bargain.
    I’m sure Godfrey Rudolph is very nice, but this is a two-horse race.
    Reid Research poll for Māori Television:
    Kelvin Davis, Labour 67.4%
    Hone Harawira, Mana 30.3%
    Godfrey Rudolph, Greens *2.3%
    Preferred party:
    Labour 49.7%
    Green 10.3%
    Mana 6.1%

Dilettante

looking good for ;Kelvin
    Seat watch: the Māori electorates

By Leonie Hayden | Staff Writer
    September 22, 2017

The campaign for the Māori seats has been defined by drama and intrigue, with noble families protecting ancient fiefdoms and usurpers lurking around every corner like some kind of popular fantasy series.
    As of 19 September, 241,602 people were enrolled on the Māori electoral roll with the 18 – 24 group by far the largest demographic and 70+ the smallest – the inverse of the general electoral roll. It’s almost like Māori have a worldview and values distinct from the default western mindset!
    The contest for the Māori seats has felt George RR Martin-esque at times (minus the incest… presumably), with candidates changing allegiance at the last minute and family members trying to kill usurp each other.
    Currently Labour holds six of the seven seats and has made clear their intention to sit on the throne in all seven kingdoms after Saturday. Will they do it?
    Below, a whistlestop tour of the seats. Note that the poll numbers, while often a useful guide, are even less reliable than most, given the size of the electorates, the time span over which they were surveyed, and the youth-skewed demographics. They’ve proved wrong in the past.
    Te Tai Tokerau

Having won three elections and one by-election in Te Tai Tokerau, Hone Harawira seemed like an immutable Northland Kauri. But then disastrously he joined forces with German millionaire Kim Dotcom in 2014 and lost his seat to Labour’s Kelvin Davis. While Davis isn’t keen on all the driving he has to do around the electorate he is way out ahead in the poll.
    This time around Harawira has struck a different deal, agreeing not to stand a Mana candidate in any of the other six seats in exchange for the Māori Party putting up no one against him in Te Tai Tokerau. At this stage, it looks like he got the worse end of the bargain.
    I’m sure Godfrey Rudolph is very nice, but this is a two-horse race.
    Reid Research poll for Māori Television:
    Kelvin Davis, Labour 67.4%
    Hone Harawira, Mana 30.3%
    Godfrey Rudolph, Greens *2.3%
    Preferred party:
    Labour 49.7%
    Green 10.3%
    Mana 6.1%
    Great. I sure hope Kelvin wins Te Tai Tokerau

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    It'd be helpful if you named your source JT. Is this from a political journo or Labour's PR team?
    I wonder how many on here bother to read his cut and pastes?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I wonder how many on here bother to read his cut and pastes?
    Very few I'd guess, if any. Obviously doesn't care about copyrights either. ST used to be tough on copyright infringement, name calling, personal attacks etc, but that seems to have all gone by the by with these election threads.

Update Ready To Install

A REMINDER THAT LABOUR WANT TO IMPROVE PEOPLES LIVES
    More spending on core public services or an income tax cut and faster repayment of debt?
    That's the choice being offered to voters by the fiscal plans of our two biggest political parties.

Labour plans to spend about $12b more than National between now and June 2022.

This is on operating expenses - the ongoing stuff like health, welfare, police funding and education. It doesn't include capital expenses.
    For context, total operating expenses between 2017 and 2022 will be more than $400 billion.
    Election 2017: A rough guide to Labour and National's spending plans ...

A REMINDER THAT LABOUR WANT TO IMPROVE PEOPLES LIVES
    Then let me keep my $1000!

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Hopefully a National led government.
    Hopefully not.