sharetrader
Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Ditched one of my laggards to dip into this one last week.
    Well, report is out and recommendation is to shift Auckland port operations to Northport within the next 10 years.

Government has been advised to use legislation if necessary to force the move - simply too compelling not to be undertaken.

$10 sp within 2 years - here we come!

As an aside, I was in a high rise facing the Auckland port over the weekend - acres of cars as far as the eye can see - the most wasteful and diabolical use of prime waterfront land anywhere in the world - absolute disgrace and a complete lack of vision.

Go Winston, Shane & NZ First - you now have the recommendation to go ahead and the sweet grubby Jacinda will agree readily (need your votes, see?).
    Last edited by Balance; 11-11-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Advanced Member

Do you have a link to it Balance ?
    Can't see anything official. Or am I missing something ?

https://www.transport.govt.nz/multi-...hain-strategy/

Guru

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Well, report is out and recommendation is to shift Auckland port operations to Northport within the next 10 years.

Government has been advised to use legislation if necessary to force the move - simply too compelling not to be undertaken.

$10 sp within 2 years - here we come!

As an aside, I was in a high rise facing the Auckland port over the weekend - acres of cars as far as the eye can see - the most wasteful and diabolical use of prime waterfront land anywhere in the world - absolute disgrace and a complete lack of vision.

Go Winston, Shane & NZ First - you now have the recommendation to go ahead and the sweet grubby Jacinda will agree readily (need your votes, see?).
    Yeh Bal and that will happen just like the airport link will ,on time and under budget !!

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Do you have a link to it Balance ?
    Can't see anything official. Or am I missing something ?

https://www.transport.govt.nz/multi-...hain-strategy/
    Was on TV1.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Yeh Bal and that will happen just like the airport link will ,on time and under budget !!
    Not my worry - if it takes $20 billion and 20 years, even better - as long as Northport benefits and its sp goes up 100%.

Not a single tear will be shedded by Aucklanders to see the back of the arrogant and backward peasants in charge of POA.

Imo, POA will be proposing a merger with MMH soon enough.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-11-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Investor

Was on TV1.
    Here is the link...

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...tally-unviable

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Thanks. Going to be very interesting watching the manoeuvring with this one.

Guru

Thumbs down

Not my worry - if it takes $20 billion and 20 years, even better - as long as Northport benefits and its sp goes up 100%.

Not a single tear will be shedded by Aucklanders to see the back of the arrogant and backward peasants in charge of POA.

Imo, POA will be proposing a merger with MMH soon enough.
    Bal, I will bet you $100.00 that the move will never happen in my life time !

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Thanks. Going to be very interesting watching the manoeuvring with this one.
    Next key step is cabinet endorsing this report. This isn't a certainty - nothing involving a decision from a committee is, but there would be long odds on anything but an endorsement. NZ first is backing it and I'm guessing won't back down. Taxinda knows her days are numbered if she can't show a United coalition.

A big question is whether Auckland city accepts it doesn't need to be in the port operation game long-term or tries to increase its economic stake in Northport by buying PoT's stake or increasing its stake in MMH.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Bal, I will bet you $100.00 that the move will never happen in my life time !
    Don’t dice with your life, Whatsup.