sharetrader
Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Next key step is cabinet endorsing this report. This isn't a certainty - nothing involving a decision from a committee is, but there would be long odds on anything but an endorsement. NZ first is backing it and I'm guessing won't back down. Taxinda knows her days are numbered if she can't show a United coalition.

A big question is whether Auckland city accepts it doesn't need to be in the port operation game long-term or tries to increase its economic stake in Northport by buying PoT's stake or increasing its stake in MMH.
    One would wonder why they would let the group be formed and complete all the reports and recommendations if they weren't going to take some notice of it ? Timing will be interesting. But as Wayne Brown says...delaying will mean more expenditure necessary in Auckland. And that is wasted money if the plan is to go ahead.

This is a great infrastructure project to keep NZ ticking along. In much the same way that the rebuild of Christchurch helped out JK's government.

Watched WB on Q & A this morning....mmmmmmm...not overly convincing. JT being a not an overly aggressive interviewer saved him. Hopefully the case prepared in the documents is compelling.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    One would wonder why they would let the group be formed and complete all the reports and recommendations if they weren't going to take some notice of it ? Timing will be interesting. But as Wayne Brown says...delaying will mean more expenditure necessary in Auckland. And that is wasted money if the plan is to go ahead.

This is a great infrastructure project to keep NZ ticking along. In much the same way that the rebuild of Christchurch helped out JK's government.

Watched WB on Q & A this morning....mmmmmmm...not overly convincing. JT being a not an overly aggressive interviewer saved him. Hopefully the case prepared in the documents is compelling.
    Not to mention that W B is a northlander , why would he not want the move to go ahead, the financials do not stand up and the Greens will not go along with this based on carbon abuse alone.

the move does not happen, N Z biggest carbon waste imo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t dice with your life, Whatsup.
    $100 surely you can afford that ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    $100 surely you can afford that ?
    Your bet can be read two ways, whatsup!

$100 or your lifetime. Trust you are intending to live a long life!

All joking apart, I have made a nice 5 digit gain on my MMH shares so far - I will let that gain even more so $100 is hardly an issue.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...e-project.html

Good perspective - it's of course a political decision in the end but for those of us who have closely looked at the disaster which is POA, we are pleased that at last there is political will to do something and get rid of the fat cats and buffoons with no vision.

Onwards and forward - GO Winston, Shane & NZ First!

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...amber-commerce

And on cue, one of the grey 'fat cat' men with no vision speaks out and he has not even seen or read the Final Report!

Dealt with his kind before - Auckland is a mess because of the likes of him.

Investor

Your bet can be read two ways, whatsup!

$100 or your lifetime. Trust you are intending to live a long life!

All joking apart, I have made a nice 5 digit gain on my MMH shares so far - I will let that gain even more so $100 is hardly an issue.
    Good on ya, mine isn't that great but I'm sure it'll be fine over next few years. Short term, looks like we'll see 7 handle very soon.

Advanced Member

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...amber-commerce

And on cue, one of the grey 'fat cat' men with no vision speaks out and he has not even seen or read the Final Report!

Dealt with his kind before - Auckland is a mess because of the likes of him.
    And this kind of thing is annoying as well...

"The working group is led by Northland mayor Wayne Brown."

He's certainly not the current mayor and has not been for sometime.

Advanced Member

The increase in the share price is significantly eroding our dividend %.
    Not sure whether to be happy or sad !

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    The increase in the share price is significantly eroding our dividend %.
    Not sure whether to be happy or sad !
    if your capital increases in far greater proportion than divvy, that should be good isn't it..