sharetrader
Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Bal, Thank you for your concern, but shifting the POA to Marsden Point will not happen in your life time.
    Hey Whatsup....Do you know how old Balance is ? Has he/she not got long to go ?
    Best,
    RTM

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Best,
    RTM
    Don’t you like the way he thrashes around?

Starting to sound like Trump & Fox News!

‘No shift to Northport’ as in ‘Quid pro quo’ ?

Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Best,
    RTM
    10 years old from the way he /she posts and like I said in his/her life time !!

10 years old from the way he /she posts and like I said in his/her life time !!
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/119...-marsden-point

Another $110m announced to upgrade rail link to Marsden Point - steady as she goes.

Go Winston! Go Provincial Growth Fund! Go transfer of wealth to Northland Port!

Comes April, the announcement will be made to shift POA to Northport - as sure as day follows night (except in Whatsup's world!).

PS.Sorry you are not going to be in this earthly world much longer, whatsup because I hold the view (rapidly coming true) it will be in our lifetime - and you obviously don't. Where do we send our condolences?

Except : "Trains could run to Whangārei's port at Marden Point by 2023, after a major investment in the North Auckland Line. State Owned Enterprises Minister Winston Peters and Regional Economic Development Minister Shane Jones said the $109.7 million investment would revitalise freight train services across Northland. The funding comes from the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) and is on top of a $95m maintenance investment announced in September 2019."
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Guru

Bal, beware the Greens have not had their say on the pending carbon emissions yet, that alone will sink the ambitions of N Z First gang on one !

Bal, beware the Greens have not had their say on the pending carbon emissions yet, that alone will sink the ambitions of N Z First gang on one !
    Could not care less about the Greens who are nobodies - Winston has been wiping the dog turd off his shoes on them.

The $12 billion infrastructure spend up confirms how impotent the Greens are - like eunuchs.
    Last edited by Balance; 30-01-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Aaron, Decission at least 10 years away, there isn't even a indepth business case for the move yet, forget about Shawn's BS rep[ort imho that one was real cr@p !!!
    I might have been a whole day early with my concerns regarding the rail spur. I am not sure if the decision is 10 years away but I agree it is a long way off considering the potential magnitude of the shift but the right moves are being made.
    Either way positive for MMH if taxpayers are funding improved road and rail access to the port. I am sort of glad the public will benefit as MMH is largely owned by the regional council.
    At my age the years seem to whiz by faster and faster so 10 years might not take that long.

I was going to reply to "whatsup" in detail after reading today's paper but others have beaten me to it. $69.7 m for track and tunnel lowering plus another $ 40 million to buy land along the dedicated route to Northport and Marsden Point, a container yard etc. is a serious commitment towards rail to Northport!

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    I was going to reply to "whatsup" in detail after reading today's paper but others have beaten me to it. $69.7 m for track and tunnel lowering plus another $ 40 million to buy land along the dedicated route to Northport and Marsden Point, a container yard etc. is a serious commitment towards rail to Northport!
    Whatsup unfortunately missed the boat on MMH, and to add salt to his injury, he sold his MMH shares at $2.65 and has watched the sp go ever higher.

Still not too late to get onboard however as the land MMH owns is going to be worth heaps - $25 a share is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Whatsup unfortunately missed the boat on MMH, and to add salt to his injury, he sold his MMH shares at $2.65 and has watched the sp go ever higher.

Still not too late to get onboard however as the land MMH owns is going to be worth heaps - $25 a share is easy.
    I have good exposure with a decent whack of MMH and POT shares! I sold THL in 2018 and 2019 and put the money in to MMH and things are going well!