sharetrader
Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    I have good exposure with a decent whack of MMH and POT shares! I sold THL in 2018 and 2019 and put the money in to MMH and things are going well!
    Good on you, glennj.

We must thank whatsup for keeping the sp down for a while for us to get set.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Whatsup unfortunately missed the boat on MMH, and to add salt to his injury, he sold his MMH shares at $2.65 and has watched the sp go ever higher.

Still not too late to get onboard however as the land MMH owns is going to be worth heaps - $25 a share is easy.

Bal bought Tesla in early Jan they have doubled so far and now are U S $650 and rumour is they are headed for U S $800 and multiply that by approx. 50% = $1200 Kiwi, not too bad for less than 1 months investment, how long will it take for your pet share to do that ?

PS my best N Z share rose 2010% last year so in my mind I can pick winners and MMH is not one of them !
    Last edited by whatsup; 31-01-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Bal I bought Tesla in early Jan they have doubled so far and now are U S $650 and rumour is they are headed for U S $800 and multiply that by approx. 11/2 times = $1200 Kiwi, not too bad for less than 1 months investment, how long will it take for your pet share to do that ?
    I bought some Serko at 29c and it is now $5.30.

Want to play that game with me and you will not win.

Stick to MMH.

Guru

I bought some Serko at 29c and it is now $5.30.

Want to play that game with me and you will not win.

Stick to MMH.
    Bal so have bought at the same price 50K holding, one of my O K shares !

Guru

Bal, Tell me something , would you ever buy a new car without driving it, sight unseen and no recommendations apart from one flaky girly mag reader .

There has been NO creditable BUSINESS CASE completed on the economics of moving the port from its current site to where ever it could finish up, great way to make a $10,000,000,000 investment decision , no business case and all pie in the sky pontifications and some MMH shareholders hoping against hope that they have backed a winner ! great.
    Last edited by whatsup; 30-01-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Bal so have bought at the same price 50K holding, one of my O K shares !
    Let's play the game then.

I bet you $1,000 you did not buy 50k worth at 29c.

Here's how it works - you nominate your lawyer who will make contact with my lawyer and provide proof of your purchase. Whoever loses pay the $1,000 plus legal costs.

Let's do it man.

Bal, Thank you for your concern, but shifting the POA to Marsden Point will not happen in your life time.
    The shift to Marsden Point will not be a big bang event but a gradual drift. The port is only a short diversion for vessels departing Tauranga and Auckland heading north and westward. If provincial ports such as Nelson Timaru and Bluff can support container vessel visits why can't Marsden Point.

Auckland Port may continue for some time with a reduced throughput constrained by its difficulties expanding.

Over time the tipping point between economic return from land use as a port and other uses will get closer and closer until suddenly the ships will shove off and the construction cranes move in.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Let's play the game then.

I bet you $1,000 you did not buy 50k worth at 29c.

Here's how it works - you nominate your lawyer who will make contact with my lawyer and provide proof of your purchase. Whoever loses pay the $1,000 plus legal costs.

Let's do it man.
    Bal, As you should well know, definition of bad luck, is a 50 seater bus going over a cliff with 40 l@wyers in it !

Bal, As you should well know, definition of bad luck, is a 50 seater bus going over a cliff with 40 l@wyers in it !
    Come on, whatsup - easy $1k for you to make.

We going to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The shift to Marsden Point will not be a big bang event but a gradual drift. The port is only a short diversion for vessels departing Tauranga and Auckland heading north and westward. If provincial ports such as Nelson Timaru and Bluff can support container vessel visits why can't Marsden Point.
    Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Container companies pulling out of Nelson.