sharetrader
Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leemsip View Post
    Im expecting the biggest budget in NZ history on Thursday and really blowing out the debt limit. total loss of fiscal restraint... red lining the money printer etc. I think everyone will agree with this?

Labour govt, mass unemployment to be avoided, low debt currently, election coming up, govt seen as responsible for lockdown (rather than the virus).

With that backdrop why wouldnt they move for the port now?
    Yup - think how how grateful Northlanders are going to be to have an injection of billions of dollars, upsurge in economic activity and increased land values.

That Winston & Jones - they sure know how to wag the dog!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - think how how grateful Northlanders are going to be to have an injection of billions of dollars, upsurge in economic activity and increased land values.

That Winston & Jones - they sure know how to wag the dog!

Dream on.Dream on, Dream on ! Ill bet there wont be any mention of the PoA move .

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Dream on.Dream on, Dream on ! Ill bet there wont be any mention of the PoA move .
    We know about bets with you.

Don’t bother.

Guru

We know about bets with you.

Don’t bother.

and I usually win !

Okay, I'll stick my head above the parapet.

My initial investment in MMH was based on the premise that its operations had at least the potential to expand due to a number of factors: diversification to provide port services for more than just logging (possibly taking advantage of capacity constraints in Auckland), development of the land bank around the port, expanding services to recreational vessels and indirectly benefitting from population growth. My expectations at the time were for a slowly rising stream of dividends. I also liked the very strong balance sheet. There were also a couple of names I recognised in the top 20 shareholders list in the annual report whom I regard as very canny investors.

As Balance has pointed out liquidity in MMH is very thin. Some days it doesn't seem to trade at all but having a few illiquid shares in the portfolio doesn't bother me at all. But it does mean that patience is required.

Fast forward to more recent times and we have a proposal to shift Port of Auckland northwards. I am agnostic on whether it will happen and, in some respects, I don't really care. If the port move goes ahead, MMH will benefit considerably (as much for its industrial land as for the port itself). If it doesn't I'd expect the share price to take a hit on sentiment at which point, depending on how far it drops, I'd be happy to top up my holding because all the factors that led me to invest in the first place are still more or less intact (possibly with near term disruption) and not depdenent on the port moving.

And, yes, I'm kicking myself somewhat for not buying a few more on the recent dip down to $5.50.

and I usually win !
    Name 1 bet you have won.

Then, name the bet you chickened out of after being caught out lying.

Guru

Name 1 bet you have won.

Then, name the bet you chickened out of after being caught out lying.
    Why would I bother . Im a big better , its called investing . Have had a great time since Covid-19 started.

Why would I bother . Im a big better , its called investing . Have had a great time since Covid-19 started.
    Caught out again.🤣

Wants to bet and then, chicken out on a bet when caught lying.

You are such a loser, you know.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-05-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Guru

Bal, go back to slagging PLX at least that share has some substance or has the cat got your tongue !

Permanent Newbie

Although they probably hold little sway in Wellington good to see leaders in the North making some noise at last.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartanntp