sharetrader
Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Guru

Default We can do this !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    B S Bal, show me the compelling business case, pier reviewed by independent experts ? there to date is none!! and you call yourself an indepth investor researcher, JEESUS !!
    What I don't get Whatsup is why you are so fervently against moving Auckland Port.
    Some facts as I see them.
    1) Everyone seems to agree that Auckland Port can't stay where it is long term. For multiple reasons.
    Do you agree with this ?
    2) Looking at NZ....there seems to be only a few options.
    a) Manukau Harbour.....not a great entrance. Other issues with the harbour. Insurance. Etc.
    b) Tauranga Harbour....probably to small for the total requirement.
    c) Firth of Thames....I think that would be a difficult choice. And not cheap either.
    d) NorthPort in combination with Tauranga seems most likely.
    Are there other options ?
    Distance would seem to not be an issue....Marsden Point is about 60km closer to Auckland Port than Tauranga.All it lacks is the infrastructure....which the North badly needs and should get over time anyway.
    So it seems to me that "we" just need a plan and then to make it happen. As has been stated elsewhere...will be transformational for Auckland and Northland.

No one is saying this will be an 18 month project. But for the good of NZ Inc it just seems to make sense to move in this direction. No ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    What I don't get Whatsup is why you are so fervently against moving Auckland Port.
    Some facts as I see them.
    1) Everyone seems to agree that Auckland Port can't stay where it is long term. For multiple reasons.
    Do you agree with this ?
    2) Looking at NZ....there seems to be only a few options.
    a) Manukau Harbour.....not a great entrance. Other issues with the harbour. Insurance. Etc.
    b) Tauranga Harbour....probably to small for the total requirement.
    c) Firth of Thames....I think that would be a difficult choice. And not cheap either.
    d) NorthPort in combination with Tauranga seems most likely.
    Are there other options ?
    Distance would seem to not be an issue....Marsden Point is about 60km closer to Auckland Port than Tauranga.All it lacks is the infrastructure....which the North badly needs and should get over time anyway.
    So it seems to me that "we" just need a plan and then to make it happen. As has been stated elsewhere...will be transformational for Auckland and Northland.

No one is saying this will be an 18 month project. But for the good of NZ Inc it just seems to make sense to move in this direction. No ?
    Simple because there is no need , the current site is more than adequate according to the business report done last year for the next 20+ years, why should the Auck Council lose the revenue from the port $60,000,000 pa and give it to a bunch of possum catchers who cannot run a business like a port. We as rate payers will have to replace that lost revenue, and please do not tell me that the land will be used for apartment development for the privileged !

Guru

Simple because there is no need , the current site is more than adequate according to the business report done last year for the next 20+ years, why should the Auck Council lose the revenue from the port $60,000,000 pa and give it to a bunch of possum catchers who cannot run a business like a port. We as rate payers will have to replace that lost revenue, and please do not tell me that the land will be used for apartment development for the privileged !
    I think you need a longer time frame than that.

Guru

I know the lack of depth casn be misleading...all the same, I'm loving the lack of sellers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I know the lack of depth casn be misleading...all the same, I'm loving the lack of sellers.
    I bought mine July 15. Been lacking depth since then ! Overall.
    But yes....and the shareprice movement has been nice to.

Permanent Newbie

Do you work on the wharves in Auckland by any chance or have relatives who work there?

Garbage - everyone but everyone recognizes that POA cannot stay where it is.

As for the loss of dividends, it averaged $43.4m a year from the last 5 years and were paid from increasing debt!

Meanwhile, just 2.5% return pa on the value of the freed up land (>$2 billion) = $50m pa.

Just a case of the good old fat cats at POA not wanting to lose their perks and salaries and benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Do you work on the wharves in Auckland by any chance or have relatives who work there?
    Either that or he is still bitter over selling out at $4 and regretting with anger how the sp has put on 60% + dividends since then.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Either that or he is still bitter over selling out at $4 and regretting with anger how the sp has put on 60% + dividends since then.
    I've given up with Whatsup. Enuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I've given up with Whatsup. Enuf said.
    Don't - it's good to have someone providing a counter (always).