sharetrader
Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Another scoping study that needs to happen and not another B S report written by cowboy Jones.

Advanced Member

Mmmmm. Winston scraps the Auckland light rail project.......I wonder what Labour’s revenge might be. Northport ?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Mmmmm. Winston scraps the Auckland light rail project.......I wonder what Labour’s revenge might be. Northport ?
    Labour would not dare. It’s clear who’s in charge, isn’t it?

Can see NZF telling Northlanders that they really do hold the balance of power - put Shane Jones in and they will get the POA shifted to Northport.

Easy.

Even assuming the Peters/Jones use of taxpayers money over the last three years to buy the Northland electorate to guarantee NZ First’s survival in the next Parliament is successful, based on current polling and Peter’s cynically calculated measures to distance himself from Labour and the Greens as the election approaches, there’s not much chance that they will be in a hurry to go into Government again with NZ First after the 2020 election.

Even if a future Government decides to promote a move from Auckland to Northport, I’m assuming MMH’s main advantage is through their land bank. The costs of developing an expanded port is well beyond the means of the Northland Regional Council controlled MMH. Government isn’t going to hand over loads of cash MMH and POT to fund the multi Billion dollar spend required. The minority shareholders in MMH must surely end up owning a vert small fraction of a future port.
    Last edited by Southern Lad; 24-06-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Even assuming the Peters/Jones use of taxpayers money over the last three years to buy the Northland electorate to guarantee NZ First’s survival in the next Parliament is successful, based on current polling and Peter’s cynically calculated measures to distance himself from Labour and the Greens as the election approaches, there’s not much chance that they will be in a hurry to go into Government again with NZ First after the 2020 election.

Even if a future Government decides to promote a move from Auckland to Northport, I’m assuming MMH’s main advantage is through their land bank. The costs of developing an expanded port is well beyond the means of the Northland Regional Council controlled MMH. Government isn’t going to hand over loads of cash MMH and POT to fund the multi Billion dollar spend required. The minority shareholders in MMH must surely end up owning a vert small fraction of a future port.

Looks like the Jones Boy --and I mean boy, has give up on making the moving ann of PoA before this years election, oui well back to the dream boat and can he think of another dream in order to get him elected this year, howabout saving the 1000 jobs that are currently at risk at Marsden Point with the pending close down of that facility or is that one too hard as well.

Rail corridor purchases of land for spur link to Marsden Point progress. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...ne-step-closer

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    Rail corridor purchases of land for spur link to Marsden Point progress. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...ne-step-closer
    Journey of 1000 miles starts with the first step.

Obviously past the first steps now into the railroad!

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Lad View Post
    Funding will have to come from somewhere, if it is all going ahead I wonder why MMH continues to pay a dividend. Building up funds for expansion would seem to be the more conservative option. That way current shareholders will be contributing a small portion to any expansion which might reduce their dilution when/if other equity partners buy in. The amount of dilution will depend on how it is funded and MMH directors ability to negotiate on our behalf.

Ideally taxpayers pay for everything and we reap the rewards but I guess that is not realistic or morally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Funding will have to come from somewhere, if it is all going ahead I wonder why MMH continues to pay a dividend. Building up funds for expansion would seem to be the more conservative option. That way current shareholders will be contributing a small portion to any expansion which might reduce their dilution when/if other equity partners buy in. The amount of dilution will depend on how it is funded and MMH directors ability to negotiate on our behalf.

Ideally taxpayers pay for everything and we reap the rewards but I guess that is not realistic or morally right.
    Some kind of M&A deal will be worked out.

One scenario is for POA to sell the land around Auckland harbour (several billion dollars) and pump the money as equity into MMH.

Another is for a placement of shares to institutions and the likes of Infratil & NZ Super.

Could be combination.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Some kind of M&A deal will be worked out.

One scenario is for POA to sell the land around Auckland harbour (several billion dollars) and pump the money as equity into MMH.

Another is for a placement of shares to institutions and the likes of Infratil & NZ Super.

Could be combination.
    Bal, dream on yeh and pigs will fly, just like the jones boy !!

Biggest con going to the gullible , and here was I thinking that you had more brains to get suckled into this B S, if you didn't have shares in MMH you would not have anything to this B S outfit, read my lips ( again ) IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, now or in 20 years time.