sharetrader
Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Bal, dream on yeh and pigs will fly, just like the jones boy !!

Biggest con going to the gullible , and here was I thinking that you had more brains to get suckled into this B S, if you didn't have shares in MMH you would not have anything to this B S outfit, read my lips ( again ) IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, now or in 20 years time.
    Write all you want, Whatsup - we shareholders are sitting on nice fat gains on our shares while you rave on like a demented lunatic.

I'm out at a modest profit, I cant abide any politicians at the best of times and relying on them to do/not do something is a mugs game
    Much as I like ports, ships and marinas I'm out

It is unfortunate Marsden Point development and associated infrastructure is being championed by a bunch of political rascals. This causes the ire of their opponents to be directed at the project. I fear if a National Government comes to power in the September election it will can the rail spur project as an act of political utu.

In my opinion the rail spur is the most worthy of the current governments spend like a drunken sailor infrastructure projects.

As for the financing of port developments wouldn't Kiwi Saver investment managers be falling over themselves to invest in something that will produce long term steady profits.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Write all you want, Whatsup - we shareholders are sitting on nice fat gains on our shares while you rave on like a demented lunatic.
    Im only stating the obvious , truth always hurts but that is not my fault !!

Im only stating the obvious , truth always hurts but that is not my fault !!
    We get you - that watching the sp heading higher and higher from your exit point hurts.

You can heal the hurt by buying back - plenty of upside yet.

We get you - that watching the sp heading higher and higher from your exit point hurts.

You can heal the hurt by buying back - plenty of upside yet.
    Personally I don't have a problem with people airing negative views – especially when i wouldn't mind picking up a few more at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Personally I don't have a problem with people airing negative views – especially when i wouldn't mind picking up a few more at the right price.
    Which we have been doing of course.

Good news is that every time Whatsup repeats the same line each posting after some remotely negative news, he spooks a few nervous holders, the sp dips and then, goes higher a few days later.

Guru

Some kind of M&A deal will be worked out.

One scenario is for POA to sell the land around Auckland harbour (several billion dollars) and pump the money as equity into MMH.

Another is for a placement of shares to institutions and the likes of Infratil & NZ Super.

Could be combination.
    I doubt very much POA is in a position to sell land around Auckland harbour. They bloody well better not be! POA is majority owned by Auckland Council isn't it? They are accountable to their ratepayers who I suspect would be loath to see that land pass to private ownership. Leased perhaps.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I doubt very much POA is in a position to sell land around Auckland harbour. They bloody well better not be! POA is majority owned by Auckland Council isn't it? They are accountable to their ratepayers who I suspect would be loath to see that land pass to private ownership. Leased perhaps.
    Has anyone ever bothered to research what the legal requirement of the ownership of that land is going back over it since it was acquired some 150-170 years ago ?

Guru

Has anyone ever bothered to research what the legal requirement of the ownership of that land is going back over it since it was acquired some 150-170 years ago ?
    PS as I understand it under the amendment to the Public Works Act re compulsory acquisition if it is no longer required for the purposes that it was acquired for then it has to be offered back to its original owners (Maoris ) read, BIG BUN FIGHT !!!