sharetrader
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Whatsup still here, with the demise of Winny ( poo) the Nthland port dream died, END OF STORY.
    Ah...nice that you are still with us. The share price has held up pretty well, maybe someone knows more than us ?
    Need to get the spur line built.
    Step by step....

Guru

With this outfits appetite for spending borrowed money that they dont have , 100,000 new houses, new hospitals, rail projects, schools and teachers funding , light rail dreams , motorways, dealing with city congestions, new stadium for CH-CH, Pike River blow out, CH-Ch rebuild finishing, rising unemployment, social welfare blow out and an economy that is in decline , shifting the port to Northland is about 99 on the 100 most necessary projects.

Is there something that I have missed, Winny is gone- dead and buried and his side kick is no more so end of story.

Advanced Member

Any port in a storm!

Advanced Member

With this outfits appetite for spending borrowed money that they dont have , 100,000 new houses, new hospitals, rail projects, schools and teachers funding , light rail dreams , motorways, dealing with city congestions, new stadium for CH-CH, Pike River blow out, CH-Ch rebuild finishing, rising unemployment, social welfare blow out and an economy that is in decline , shifting the port to Northland is about 99 on the 100 most necessary projects.

Is there something that I have missed, Winny is gone- dead and buried and his side kick is no more so end of story.
    Nah..the story remains much the same, enhanced Auckland, enhanced north...we've been over and over it. Take a look at WB's reports if you want to refresh. A strengthening of the story is the inability of POA to manage work load, look after its staff and return a decent dividend to shareholders. Imagine how cool Auckland would be with a substantially smaller port ?

Cheers
    RTM

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Nah..the story remains much the same, enhanced Auckland, enhanced north...we've been over and over it. Take a look at WB's reports if you want to refresh. A strengthening of the story is the inability of POA to manage work load, look after its staff and return a decent dividend to shareholders. Imagine how cool Auckland would be with a substantially smaller port ?

Cheers
    RTM
    Please come back when the public announcement has been made that the PoA has all of the necessary approvals to be moved to Marsden Point.

Thats fantastic. This governments spending on 500 things that are questionable and this is 99 on that list. That makes it pretty sure to happen. It could even be funded from the transport funding not being spent on Auckland light rail as govt goes back to consultation and more reports mode. At least by starting the railway spur they could say thay have done something.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Thats fantastic. This governments spending on 500 things that are questionable and this is 99 on that list. That makes it pretty sure to happen. It could even be funded from the transport funding not being spent on Auckland light rail as govt goes back to consultation and more reports mode. At least by starting the railway spur they could say thay have done something.
    I am sure the rail spur will go ahead. Even if just to ensure more redundancy in the system. Crikey...imagine if a big ship got stuck in Auckland Harbor and they had to send container ships to Marsden for a while. This will happen...inch by inch if/as necessary. I recall early on Whatsup saying "not in my lifetime"...and I wondered then how old he was.

Guru

harbour ! SHOW ME THE PERMITS and all of the approvals , first.

It's going to happen it is just a matter of the timing!
    Various (ex) heavyweights on tonights TV1 news were softening up the public for a possible port shift on tonights TV1 news.
    Helen Clarke, John Key and Sir Bob Harvey were all lobbying for a shift of most of Auckland Ports functions sneering at how the prime land is being used as a car park.
    Their case is that shifting most of the ports functions to mainly Northport plus Tauranga will be "financially and visually reclaiming the harbour". That is hard to argue with considering
    Ports of Auckland bad recent record financially, health and safety and public mandate wise! Goff when interviewed procrastinated but said he wasn't opposed to the port moving.
    I read all three of the reports by Brown a Northland businessman who is behind the lobbying. It is a cause with ample justification!

Advanced Member

Have you stolen Speedy Az's dog?