sharetrader
Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

RTM they are worthwhile links. One general take for me is that the medium to longer term prospects for North Port are good and above average cf. likely percentage growth change of most other NZ ports.
    This should be favourable for owners Marsden Maritime Holdings and Port of Tauranga and the whole northern region. Politics both National and local are a potential impediment to growth of North Port but its time will come! I've fairly recently finished purchasing some at an average price of $4.39 thus a yield better than the banks pay and will sit on the shares. I see little downside but possible strong upside and the shares will pay their way in this low interest rate environment. It may be a long wait though?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    RTM they are worthwhile links. One general take for me is that the medium to longer term prospects for North Port are good and above average cf. likely percentage growth change of most other NZ ports.
    This should be favourable for owners Marsden Maritime Holdings and Port of Tauranga and the whole northern region. Politics both National and local are a potential impediment to growth of North Port but its time will come! I've fairly recently finished purchasing some at an average price of $4.39 thus a yield better than the banks pay and will sit on the shares. I see little downside but possible strong upside and the shares will pay their way in this low interest rate environment. It may be a long wait though?
    You’ve done well to accumulate at that price in recent times. My cost 2.80 but I’ve had them for a while. Happy to hold. Yes, to get the physical work done will take time, however would not be surprised to see the SP trend upwards should the Government confirm a strategic direction to in line with the flavour of the report. And that would of course be strengthened if National support it. If they don’t well then they might lose Northland again.

Wish I had more.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    You’ve done well to accumulate

that price in recent times. My cost 2.80 but I’ve had them for a while. Happy to hold. Yes, to get the physical work done will take time, however would not be surprised to see the SP trend upwards should the Government confirm a strategic direction to in line with the flavour of the report. And that would of course be strengthened if National support it. If they don’t well then they might lose Northland again.

Wish I had more.
    One more step in the process done - A working group has now come out with recommendations aligned to NZ first policy. This shifts it from a single party policy to a officials recommendation. The next step appears to be these recommendations going to Cabinet and hopefully (for MMH) get endorsed as government policy. MMH's share price finished with no sellers and the share price up to $5.65 Could be interesting over the next few days to see what price sellers emerge at and what price buyers are prepared to bid to.

Some links to the stories:
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...move-northport

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/116...-marsden-point

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/116...ort-were-ready

Which raises the interesting question - How to value MMH now. Port of Auckland had profits of $54m and $76m in 2018 & 2019 on $243 and $248m of revenue. This profitability is consistent with a market value north of $1b. MMH's 50% share of Northport and owning a swag of land around the port currently has a market value of $233m. If all this activity transitions to MMH over the next 10+ years, what is MMH worth now?

Guru

Moving the P o Auck north will not happen in my life time of obvious reasons.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    That’s sad.... are you not well ?

The link to the reports is here:
    https://www.transport.govt.nz/multi-...hain-strategy/

I’ve not read them yet, but the SP has been edging up recently, nice jump today.
    Last edited by RTM; 03-10-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    My prediction - POA & MMH to merge or, POA or POT to make takeover offer for MMH.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-10-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Advanced Member

Does anyone know where to find an Annual report for Ports of Auckland ?
    Can’t put my finger on it easily...and been in a couple of electronic circles so far.

percy

Google Ports of Auckland annual report.
    The top one is 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Does anyone know where to find an Annual report for Ports of Auckland ?
    Can’t put my finger on it easily...and been in a couple of electronic circles so far.
    http://www.poal.co.nz/media-publicat...l%20Report.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Thanks. Be interesting to see the next one !