sharetrader
Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Thanks Scrunch.
    I’ll take a look tomorrow.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...over-northport

"..... there had been some "quite incorrect reporting" suggesting some Labour MPs were opposed to the project.

"Nothing actually could be further from the truth," Mr Twyford said.

"We just believe that such a mammoth infrastructure decision, such a huge cost and investment... that requires really credible analysis and evidence to support it."

Fair enough.

Now let's get on with the project. There will be plenty happening behind the scenes so keep an eye on the share prices of MMH & POT!

Sold out this morning for a small profit. This cat does not have the patience for this. I prefer my investments to be as far away from political influence as possible.

Permanent Newbie

Northport buying a container crane, not related to any proposed move for POA. No talk of a rail spur. Not sure what is happening behind the scenes.

Election coming up, not sure where National stand on this but Judith Collins was against it I think.

The share price has held up quite well after all the excitement but would not be warranted without the prospect of growth from a POA move imo.
    Last edited by Aaron; 24-01-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Permanent Newbie

No rail spur to Northport. Moving port from Auckland either not a priority or not yet seriously considered. Not enough votes in Northland maybe?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartanntp

Upgrading SH1 Whangarei to Port Marsden to four lanes. Rail would be the only way they could really justify a move so far north when most of the goods need to go to Auckland IMHO.
    Last edited by Aaron; 29-01-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Advanced Member

I guess they can’t talk about the rail spur until the port decision is decided.

If they had included it...
    Well then we would all be assuming that the Marsden Port project is all go.
    That decision will be closer to the election.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No rail spur to Northport. Moving port from Auckland either not a priority or not yet seriously considered. Not enough votes in Northland maybe?

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartanntp

Upgrading SH1 Whangarei to Port Marsden to four lanes. Rail would be the only way they could really justify a move so far north when most of the goods need to go to Auckland IMHO.

Aaron, Decission at least 10 years away, there isn't even a indepth business case for the move yet, forget about Shawn's BS rep[ort imho that one was real cr@p !!!

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I guess they can’t talk about the rail spur until the port decision is decided.

If they had included it...
    Well then we would all be assuming that the Marsden Port project is all go.
    That decision will be closer to the election.
    Dropping some obvious hints here perhaps...
    $109m for Northland rail network in latest Govt announcement

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12304468

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Aaron, Decission at least 10 years away, there isn't even a indepth business case for the move yet, forget about Shawn's BS rep[ort imho that one was real cr@p !!!
    Poor Whatsup - I think you need to stop inflicting credibility-destructive wounds on yourself.

It pains us to see you like this.

Can see him getting hyper-ventilating whenever the sp goes up as he mourns the sale of his shares at $2.65.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Poor Whatsup - I think you need to stop inflicting credibility-destructive wounds on yourself.

It pains us to see you like this.

Can see him getting hyper-ventilating whenever the sp goes up as he mourns the sale of his shares at $2.65.
    Bal, Thank you for your concern, but shifting the POA to Marsden Point will not happen in your life time.