sharetrader
Page 19 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    That’s from 2017 Balance. Even you know cast iron commitments don’t last that long in politics. Especially when the electorate didn’t deliver what WP, MP for Northland, wanted.
    Northlanders delivered - gave enough votes to NZF to be in a pivotal position after the elections - kingmaker, remember?

Advanced Member

Yes...but not enough to return WP to the Northland seat. Which is what he was really after.

Having said that...they will champion the move. I am looking forward to reading the next report.
    Hopefully the argument for moving it, financially as well as socially, is as robust as it is purported to be.
    If it is, then as Jacinda says, it’s when, not if.

Great infra-structure projects for Governments to have ticking along. They can speed / slow as needed to feed the economy.

Auckland nice waterfront where the port is .....look even better with 20 story apartment blocks lining it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

National / Bridges should take the initiative and get right in behind NZ FIRST with moving the port. Right now.
    Before Labour make it their idea.
    Be interesting to see the spin then !

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Auckland nice waterfront where the port is .....look even better with 20 story apartment blocks lining it
    Exactly winner

Though I presume the Cruise ships will still have a wharf or two to dock, plus the ferries etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Exactly winner

Though I presume the Cruise ships will still have a wharf or two to dock, plus the ferries etc
    Maybe it’s the developers behind the idea

You can justify anything in a well presented report
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Whatever it is, W69, it is political - so might as well make some money out of it for yourself.

MMH to go to $10 - you read it here first!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Whatever it is, W69, it is political - so might as well make some money out of it for yourself.

MMH to go to $10 - you read it here first!
    There goes my dividend yield. It’ll be close to Serko.

The trouble with the proposed development of transport links to Marsden Point is some see it as pork barrel politics by Shane Jones to support his candidacy in the Northland Electorate.

This view I speculate would be prevalent within the National Party, who if they become the government in next years election would take great delight in canning Shane's trophy project.

My advice to Shane Jones; start laying track for the spur line to the port NOW so an incoming government can not stop it.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS More advice for Shane. For the taxpayers sake don't take advice from Micheal Cullen about what to do about Railway issues in the face of an electoral defeat.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Once it is started, which will be pushed through by NZF, I cannot see National terminating the project.

Be interesting to see what National says when the Final Report is officially released and recommendation is taken up by the government. Will Simon grow a pair and says National will can it?

Suspect Simon is not going to, is he?
    Last edited by Balance; 15-11-2019 at 01:03 PM.