sharetrader
Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Guru

Time will tell, come back in 10 years time and see who is right !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    All I know is that we have been enjoying gains

while

you have been suffering angst.

Rhymes well huh?

Advanced Member

Might not have to wait that long Whatsup ! SJ rolling the dice as we type I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Might not have to wait that long Whatsup ! SJ rolling the dice as we type I would imagine.
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...eds-to-go.html

Arguably Auckland’s greatest asset - blighted by cranes, car parks, containers and ugly buildings.

To be replaced by open spaces, recreational & entertainment facilities, easy access to the waterfront - think of Darling Harbour Sydney but 5 times better.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...eds-to-go.html

Arguably Auckland’s greatest asset - blighted by cranes, car parks, containers and ugly buildings.

To be replaced by open spaces, recreational & entertainment facilities, easy access to the waterfront - think of Darling Harbour Sydney but 5 times better.
    And thats the thing Balance....to work with Whatsup you need to go over all the old reports....the same info earlier in the thread, in the various reports etc etc....and he/she will just say "its not needed". Even tho everyone seems to think it can't stay in Auckland, Whatsup thinks it can. Hard to have a sensible argument from there. I've got other things to do.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    And thats the thing Balance....to work with Whatsup you need to go over all the old reports....the same info earlier in the thread, in the various reports etc etc....and he/she will just say "its not needed". Even tho everyone seems to think it can't stay in Auckland, Whatsup thinks it can. Hard to have a sensible argument from there. I've got other things to do.
    so come back in ten years and see the ports still there !

so come back in ten years and see the ports still there !
    Fair enough.

So bye bye, whatsup. We know your views very well now so we can discuss & update amongst ourselves, without you needing to repeat your view.

👍
    Last edited by Balance; 18-05-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Thanks.

“The work will be completed in stages, with the first objective being able to carry hi-cube containers through the tunnels between Whangārei and Auckland by Christmas," he said.”

I note they don’t say which Christmas. Seems pretty quick if they mean 2020.
    Does this include a link to the port ? Or is that a pre-election announcement ?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I thought this might be a positive for POAs move north. The video is not encouraging.

$1.3billion cost, insufficient freight to justify spend, line might have to close in 5 years due to safety, a link to Marsden Point is being pondered.

I suppose the more that gets spent on the rail the more momentum for a shift North increases but the video is like a Whatsup post on this thread.