sharetrader
Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Default MMH - Marsden Maritime Holdings

Does anyone have any opinions about MMH should Winston Peters port relocation plan from Auckland to Northport gain traction? I know it would be a longterm project.Are we looking at another POT?

percy

Winston's port relocation bribe, was solely to get himself re-elected in Northland,and Shane Jones elected in Whangarei.
    Neither happened,or will ever happen,so the port relocation is dead in the water.
    Last edited by percy; 25-09-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Winston's port relocation bribe, was solely to get himself re-elected in Northland,and Shane Jones elected in Whangarei.
    Neither happened,or will ever happen,so the port relocation is dead in the water.
    Legacy, percy.

This years election will be the last time imo that NZF goes to the trough.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions about MMH should Winston Peters port relocation plan from Auckland to Northport gain traction? I know it would be a longterm project.Are we looking at another POT?
    Would need some imagination and vision by multiple parties.
    Imagine Auckland without much of a port. All that heavy traffic gone. A downtown stadium. Residential development all the way along the water front. All sorts of public access to the waterfront. A really nice cruise ship terminal. Wouldn't it be great ?
    Would transform Auckland.

Imagine how much an active port would help Northland. A decent freight railway between Northport and Auckland / New Zealand.
    Would transform Northland.

Not sure that it will all stack up in dollars and cents, how do you measure the social improvements ?

I hold a few, as always wish I had more, the dividend yield has been wrecked recently....not sure if I am happy or sad !

Cheers
    RTM

While there are certainly some benefits to moving the port there are also a number of costs - including the headache of getting all the exports and imports to and from Northland by road and rail, the disruption to lives of many port workers who would be faced with a choice between uprooting themselves and their families and finding new jobs, the considerable environmental impact in Whangarei and the large number of dollars required to make it happen.

MMH should continue to do well regardless but the share price is now pricing in quite high growth expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Would need some imagination and vision by multiple parties.
    Imagine Auckland without much of a port. All that heavy traffic gone. A downtown stadium. Residential development all the way along the water front. All sorts of public access to the waterfront. A really nice cruise ship terminal. Wouldn't it be great ?
    Would transform Auckland.

Imagine how much an active port would help Northland. A decent freight railway between Northport and Auckland / New Zealand.
    Would transform Northland.

Not sure that it will all stack up in dollars and cents, how do you measure the social improvements ?

I hold a few, as always wish I had more, the dividend yield has been wrecked recently....not sure if I am happy or sad !

Cheers
    RTM
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...rthland-peters

"The pledge is a cast iron commitment, he said, but was conditional on his party being in a pivotal position after the elections and voters in Auckland and Northland needed to adjust their ballot, he said."

Guru

972,000 containers were off loaded in Auckland last year all of that will have to be transported down to Auckland, at whose cost?
    For the cars alone that were offloaded in Auckland last year there would be a carhauler travelling through Wellsford every 6 minutes each and every day so those cars can get to the distribution market and onto car yards, who pays ?
    IMO Winstone is a nightmare waiting to happen, IMO Winstone is a w@nker !

Ask Northlanders if they would be interested in a transport solution which removes a large number of logging trucks from their roads.

As I said in a post in the elections section the cost of building a rail spur line to the port is minimal when compared to Nationals grandiose road building plans.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

IMO

Yes very sensible and practical and at minimal cost .