sharetrader
Page 40 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Come on, whatsup - easy $1k for you to make.

We going to play?
    Bal, Do you want to play the "big swinging dick game " ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Bal, Do you want to play the "big swinging dick game " ?
    You have been caught out, whatsup.

Don’t dig the hole any deeper.

I am happy to announce the winner as the first one to give me 1000 of your OK 29c shares

IIRC, logs are a significant part of MMH's business. Any idea how much they are being affected by the halt on exports to China?

Disclosure: Held

Sounds like it. Who is the BSD?

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    IIRC, logs are a significant part of MMH's business. Any idea how much they are being affected by the halt on exports to China?

Disclosure: Held
    Looking at the 2019 annual report Bulk cargo at Northport was 3,387,000 tonnes of that 2,651,000 was logs or 78% that probably does not include "other forestry".
    The port is almost entirely forestry. Hard to see it not being affected by a halt in exports. I guess it depend on how long the halt is for.

MMH though is not Northport which runs the Port. MMH is a 50% shareholder of Northport along with the Port of Tauranga. So hopefully the property revenue is coming from Northport and isn't based on turnover. We will still lose on the Port returns but POT shareholders can pay 50% of the rent. (No idea if this is the case)

Longer Term
    Another opinion piece, seems reasonable.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartanntp
    Last edited by Aaron; 20-02-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Looking at the 2019 annual report Bulk cargo at Northport was 3,387,000 tonnes of that 2,651,000 was logs or 78% that probably does not include "other forestry".
    The port is almost entirely forestry. Hard to see it not being affected by a halt in exports. I guess it depend on how long the halt is for.

MMH though is not Northport which runs the Port. MMH is a 50% shareholder of Northport along with the Port of Tauranga. So hopefully the property revenue is coming from Northport and isn't based on turnover. We will still lose on the Port returns but POT shareholders can pay 50% of the rent. (No idea if this is the case)

Longer Term
    Another opinion piece, seems reasonable.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartanntp
    Old perspective...… Oct 19
    I urge everyone interested in this to read the various official reports. Here is the link to them.

https://www.transport.govt.nz/multi-...hain-strategy/

Going to be an interesting year.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Old perspective...… Oct 19
    I urge everyone interested in this to read the various official reports. Here is the link to them.

https://www.transport.govt.nz/multi-...hain-strategy/

Going to be an interesting year.
    Forgone conclusion with the election on a knife-edge that this government will be required by NZF & Winston to throw everything at Northland to retain power - that's all they have.

I am concerned by the political risk attaching to the Marsden Point develoment, associated rail spur and upgrades to the North Auckland Line.

The New Zealand First Party, Winston Peters, and Shane Jones are seen as the cheer squad for these developments. On current polling a National lead government is most likely.

My concern is the National Party who are not railway friendly anyway will celebrate victory by taking utu on what they regard as their political enemies folly.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 21-02-2020 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I am concerned by the political risk attaching to the Marsden Point develoment, associated rail spur and upgrades to the North Auckland Line.

The New Zealand First Party, Winston Peters, and Shane Jones are seen as the cheer squad for these developments. On current polling a National lead government is most likely.

My concern is the National Party who are not railway friendly anyway will celebrate victory by taking utu on what they regard as their political enemies folly.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    National will not risk reversing the initiative to lose the Northland ground - which they did in the by-election before GE 2017 if you remember to Winston.