sharetrader
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Why reinvent the wheel when the PoA where it is the most economic and efficient place for it, its a real no brainer when everything is truly considered.
    I sort of agree with you whatup. In my recent post I did not make clear I wanted Ports of Auckland to continue but any development or expansion apart from in-terminal improvements take place else ware.

My reasons are;

The volume of container traffic is increasing so any growth in the Isthmus or the immediate North would provide sustenance for a Marsden Point container terminal.

There is a sunk cost to the Auckland container terminal. It would be unwise to bulldoze the historical investment made by Auckland ratepayers into the harbour then pay for the same else ware.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

When the Motor Industry Association slams the idea as the ‘dumbest’ ever, you can be sure that it is the greatest idea.

Why? Because that industry group has benefitted from their members being subsidised by every tax and rate payers for their business activity of using roads, mostly built and paid for by everyone else.

Go NZ First & Labour & Green!

This will be looked back 50 years from now as one of the far sighted and progressive decision made by any government.

Guru

'IF " PoA was to be moved the "ONLY " site for it is the Te Atatu land that has been owned by the former AHB for some 60 years, it will keep the revenue stream in Auckland , it is along side the North West motorway , great for container distribution via either the Nth Shore link, the Sth Auckland and the Waterview tunnel, another NO BRAINER for the good people of Auckland.

Mind you there is a bit of planning and work needed to be done if there is a shift planned , that is why its best left where it is , being a betting man I would put $100 it will still be where it is in 10 years because of the grand piece of legislation the RMA !

Sell the waterfront land freehold, POA will reap billions of $$$.

The $50m received by Auckland Council from POA is a pittance vs the billions of dollars tied up in precious waterfront land.

And BTW, the dividends have been paid by ever increasing debts by POA. What a farce.

How long will Aucklanders tolerate precious waterfront prime land to be used for importing cars and parking cars? A complete failure of vision if anyone ever wanted a prime example.

And the truth is that POA is an inefficient port, losing market share and purpose to the likes of POT.

So Go!

NZ First - use your leverage (will guarantee your pivotal position in determining the next government) to force through the singular most important transformative project for Auckland and NZ in a generation.

Jacinda, Labour & Greens will have to suck hard on this one but they will suck on it for dear political lives - as they have no choice - the political survivor and animal that Jacinda is and has always been, knows this.
    Last edited by Balance; 07-10-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Advanced Member

My brother in law took me for a tour around my companies at Marsden Cove: MMH (logs for Africa) and NZR. Interesting location.
    After looking at the various bits of real estate, marinas, sub-divisions, boat launching areas, beaches. shelf fish gathering areas, golf course I wonder whether we have this right in the North ?

Maybe in fact we should leave the Auckland port open in Auckland, expand it as necessary and close the one in Northland. With the traffic, the unitary plan, subdivision and general congestion, Auckland is stuffed anyway. Shut down and dismantle the refinery and sell all the land to the retirement village companies (Oceania, Summerset, Ryman etc) and Hoppers (canal living) . And create a lovely maritime retirement area. Lovely clean deep water, just 11nm from the Hen & Chicks. Bay of Islands a hop step and a skip away. Mokohinaus a little further for the more adventurous. A paradise for people could be created here that might be even more valuable to the North than a log port and an oil refinery. Hmmmmm….might sell my shares !

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    My brother in law took me for a tour around my companies at Marsden Cove: MMH (logs for Africa) and NZR. Interesting location.
    After looking at the various bits of real estate, marinas, sub-divisions, boat launching areas, beaches. shelf fish gathering areas, golf course I wonder whether we have this right in the North ?

Maybe in fact we should leave the Auckland port open in Auckland, expand it as necessary and close the one in Northland. With the traffic, the unitary plan, subdivision and general congestion, Auckland is stuffed anyway. Shut down and dismantle the refinery and sell all the land to the retirement village companies (Oceania, Summerset, Ryman etc) and Hoppers (canal living) . And create a lovely maritime retirement area. Lovely clean deep water, just 11nm from the Hen & Chicks. Bay of Islands a hop step and a skip away. Mokohinaus a little further for the more adventurous. A paradise for people could be created here that might be even more valuable to the North than a log port and an oil refinery. Hmmmmm….might sell my shares !
    Well, timing is certain perfect with MMH trading at all time high for you to sell your shares!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...in-latest-poll

Meanwhile, sweet (but now seen increasingly as inexperienced, naive, opportunistically sneaky, grubby and untrustworthy as most politicians) Jacinda is going to need NZF even more to hang onto power (you can see the power lust in her eyes every time she pretends to be humble).

Stand up for women? Fail.

Kiwibuild? Fail.

Capital Gains Tax? Fail.

Stand up to NZF & Shane Jones? Fail.

Stand up for private land rights? Fail.

Trying to cosy & sucker up to Trump & getting 20 mins of the imbecile's time. Big Fail.

Economic confidence? Fail.

And NZF is going to need Winston or Shane Jones to win a seat to stay in Parliament on latest polling (<5%) and what better way than to deliver billions of dollars to Northland via the Port, and win back the Northland seat from National.

Go, NZF and make it happen before 2020 runs out.

LET’S DO THIS!
    Last edited by Balance; 14-10-2019 at 01:06 PM.

No sellers as MMH moves ever higher.

Takeover or merger with POA next imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Takeover or merger with POA next imo.

MMH is hardly liken to be taken over by POA when Northland Regional Council own 53.6% of the shareholdings.
    Maybe a merger could happen? A merged POA and MMH would own Northport 50:50 with POT.
    I'm happy to see what happens having both MMH and POT holdings. It would be good to see the Auckland water front and
    upper North Island Supply chain improved! A big job with lots of politics involved!

Quote Originally Posted by glennj View Post
    MMH is hardly liken to be taken over by POA when Northland Regional Council own 53.6% of the shareholdings.
    Maybe a merger could happen? A merged POA and MMH would own Northport 50:50 with POT.
    I'm happy to see what happens having both MMH and POT holdings. It would be good to see the Auckland water front and
    upper North Island Supply chain improved! A big job with lots of politics involved!
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12276509

The power lusty one is getting desperate - fancy thinking that she can distance herself from a failed Wellington mayor Labour campaign.

And nothing she can do about Shane Jones thumping his nose at her - except concede to pumping billions of dollars into Northland Port project to stay in power (she hopes).

It is unfortunate the Marsden Point expansion and rail spur are becoming a political football.

I fear if the next election produces a center right government the National Party will be so keen to extract utu on the reputation of Shane Jones they will kill it even although it stands up all by itself as a good idea.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.