sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I bought the following this morning and why

1. HLG. Strong result and dividend exceeded my expectations. Superb sales growth in Australia for Glassons and their new Euro style format stores are clearly garnering attention from Australian consumers. I except ongoing strong sales growth in Australia for Glassons as it continue to roll out the stylish new format stores and the size of the market there is clearly about five times the size of the N.Z. market. Stock is on a 10% net dividend yield 13.9% gross based on my assumption of 33 cps in divvies next year and trades cum a very healthy 17 cps fully imputed final divvy in December.
    Could easily go to $4 if sales success in Australia continues. Market has been obsessed with other retailers eating HLG's lunch while the company has been busy starting to eat Australian retailers lunch.

2. ATM Accreditation of infant formula into China is a BIG DEAL. A2 Market continue to underestimate the impact of the rationalization fo the infant milk powder brands in china. Profit could easily double this year.

3. CMO Real solid achiever this one trading in its 100th year of business. Forward PE of just over 10 for a company with their exceptional track record is too cheap and I'm expecting a special divvy next year to commemorate their 100 year anniversary. Not flashy, just a solid delivery of strong results and a real value buy on the NZX trading cum a fully imputed 31 cent final divvy. Long term I'm expecting big things from Mazda's high tech new engine which will be released to the market in 2019 combining the best of both a petrol and diesel engine. I think people will be disappointed with the electric roll out of other brands based on cost and real world range and battery durability issues. Happy that Ford and Mazda are not at the forefront of the electric so called revolution.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Forgot to mention. I topped up on GNE just the other day. Expecting a minimum of 16.6 cps this year gives 7.1% net yield and its mostly imputed so gorss is over 9% and people always need electricity and they will benefit from any rise in oil price. Gas company acquisition recently is EPS accretive and forward EBITDA guidance is strong(ish).
    Also topped up on AIR just the other day. Still expecting EPS growth this year, (subject to clarification if any at today's annual meeting). Forward PE 9.2 and strong dividend yield and specials expected from FY20 onward.

I am mostly buying companies I consider to be good value and strong dividend yield earners that can deliver across economic cycles.
    I don't like paying the market PE of about 20, most of my holds are far better value than that including SUM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Have finished buying GNE for div. for now. Have been stocking up on HGL for last few weeks. Looks like the cat is out of the bag now and bought another 20,000 this morning. Bit of a shame didn't buy that 16,000 yesterday at 3.20, had the order in for about 3 to 5 minutes at 3.20 and ASB would not put it through, and got pissed off and cancelled the order, but did pick 19,000 at 3.09 and 3.10 on 20/9/17. Would like to get to 100,000 before ex div. so can get $17,000 div, nice round figures.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Have finished buying GNE for div. for now. Have been stocking up on HGL for last few weeks. Looks like the cat is out of the bag now and bought another 20,000 this morning. Bit of a shame didn't buy that 16,000 yesterday at 3.20, had the order in for about 3 to 5 minutes at 3.20 and ASB would not put it through, and got pissed off and cancelled the order, but did pick 19,000 at 3.09 and 3.10 on 20/9/17. Would like to get to 100,000 before ex div. so can get $17,000 div, nice round figures.
    Hounds like round numbers too because there's only so many paws you can count on

Investor

Have done nothing (buying or selling) in the past weeks or months, just held onto what I've got. Quite well placed or should I say well positioned with my portfolio overall.

Outside thinking.

What others are buying or selling is recorded daily on the NZX.

At the end of the day you have to make your own investment decisions based on your own personal investment strategy. Being responsible for your own investment decisions, taking ownership for your decisions and learning from your own successes and failures is the best strategy IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    What others are buying or selling is recorded daily on the NZX.

At the end of the day you have to make your own investment decisions based on your own personal investment strategy. Being responsible for your own investment decisions, taking ownership for your decisions and learning from your own successes and failures is the best strategy IMHO.
    Why are you in these forums?

Buying

Ethereum
    P2P loans

Selling

AIR.nz
    Chorus

Keeping

ASX stocks

agree hard to find much value on nzx at moment.

The high valuations make it tough to find good deals in the pointy end of this market so I haven't really been buying many new shares lately.. don't really have to the way the market is delivering such solid gains. Happy to sit on a bit of a cash for now. A few shares on my watchlist right now:

HBL - Only recent purchase, got in at $1.78 after I've been watching it for a while just waiting for it to come down a touch which it did. Good story here and a little bit of growth to go in it. Would consider going back in and buying more parcels if it drops below what I got in for.

AIA - My dearest Auckland Airport. Growth phase well and truly gone for the time being. Been a long term player on this but waiting for it to come down before I accumulate a bit more. Valuation is still high for my liking but I would consider it in the 5s. Maybe after the stock goes ex divi. Long term play on this one for me again.

OCA/SUM - With the election type flavor going on, a left leaning win would mean a temporary sale in retirement stocks. A short term drop will entice me in, because the long term incentives are too good to pass up based on the upcoming demographic shifts.