sharetrader
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Greens just gifted National their questions during Question Time. That will put a dampen on Green MP exposure. Must be some quid pro quo in there somewhere. Labour / NZ First ought to be a bit worried
    Mr Shaw said Greens are not keen on patsy questions. Not surprising - he looked like a dork when answering a series of patsies on the census.

Dilettante

I don't think we should be reading anything into the Greens gifting their questions to National. They have a history of criticising the "patsy" questions and would look silly to then use it themselves as soon as they have an opportunity to. I give them credit for trying to look credible, which they're probably desperate for as they hardly get any media exposure under this Government setup !!
    Labour and Winnie will be fuming they did this

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    No no no, Ian Lees Galloway was saying Labour were pleased with this....

I don't think we should be reading anything into the Greens gifting their questions to National. They have a history of criticising the "patsy" questions and would look silly to then use it themselves as soon as they have an opportunity to. I give them credit for trying to look credible, which they're probably desperate for as they hardly get any media exposure under this Government setup !!
    I dont recall any rule that says a question has to be a "patsy". What they have done, if nothing else, is loosing an opportunity of media exposure which will be given to National during Question Time.

Perhaps this is also a step where the Greens distance themselves from the mess that Labour is currently in with covering up the sexual abuse during the Labour Camp. Greens have been as silent as Tamiti Coffey.

Dilettante

Agree there are no rules that say they have to be patsy, but majority of them always are. I agree with you about the Greens losing an opportunity to use this for furthering their profile, but understand their reasoning for it. I hope National shows some fairness and appreciation and uses many of these questions in the environment arena.

Agree there are no rules that say they have to be patsy, but majority of them always are. I agree with you about the Greens losing an opportunity to use this for furthering their profile, but understand their reasoning for it. I hope National shows some fairness and appreciation and uses many of these questions in the environment arena.
    I am still at a loss with the reasoning. Also no rule that I know of that says if you have questions you must use them.

We have Greens gifting national questions. Labour gifting National an undercover scandal. What has NZ First got up its sleeve to share in the festivities ( I dont think Ron Marks use of helicopters really counts)

Legend

I am still at a loss with the reasoning.
    It's known as Kermit logic.

Dilettante

I am still at a loss with the reasoning.
    I assume it is caused by internal rumblings with week after week of internal polling showing them below 5% and making no progress in grabbing media headlines. Went from 14 to 8 MPs last election due to Labour's success and the more popular Labour is the less The Greens get and vice versa. They know this and know they need to differentiate or die.
    So they are trying to get any publicity they can get about doing what they said they'd do and this is an example of something they constantly criticised in opposition.

They are in a hopeless situation really with this coalition setup. Winston sure knew what he was doing there !!

For as long as this man hating Green Fruit Loop is around I'm hoping there is no National Green coalition. But more proof that the Ministry of Women's affairs isn't required and Ministers here get there via promotion to their highest level of incompetence. Her attempt at brainwashing children doesn't wash with me and I'm only thankful my kids have moved on from Cobham - saves me writing some terse letters to the Head and Board chair. Genter needs to realise there is only one requirement to be on a Board - and that is "competence". I guess she gave the kids one lesson - it is possible to make a racist, ageist and sexist statement all in one sentence.

More here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...company-boards

Legend

For as long as this man hating Green Fruit Loop is around I'm hoping there is no National Green coalition. But more proof that the Ministry of Women's affairs isn't required and Ministers here get there via promotion to their highest level of incompetence. Her attempt at brainwashing children doesn't wash with me and I'm only thankful my kids have moved on from Cobham - saves me writing some terse letters to the Head and Board chair. Genter needs to realise there is only one requirement to be on a Board - and that is "competence". I guess she gave the kids one lesson - it is possible to make a racist, ageist and sexist statement all in one sentence.

More here: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...company-boards
    Is Logie still in the Kermits? She was the world champion man hater. Beats Genter hands down.