sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default PLatinium stocks- Which one to pick?

Gidday Sharetrader gurus,

Im looking for a play in platinium and am ken to hear what companies others like,a nd have invested into. Small cap companies suit me fine, and Im all ears....any thoughts or advice?
    cheers

To expand, Im looking for any small cap companies and any thoughts you may have about them...

Veteran novice

I bought a few Sylvania Resources recently.

Low cost operator, produces platinum group metals (PGM) from chrome dumps in South Africa's Bushveld district, plans for their own mines.

Well regarded, experienced board; rhodium-rich production.

Worth a look.

http://www.sylvaniaresources.com/im/...FS_26Feb09.pdf

See also Sylvania thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Gidday Sharetrader gurus,

Im looking for a play in platinium and am ken to hear what companies others like,a nd have invested into. Small cap companies suit me fine, and Im all ears....any thoughts or advice?
    cheers
    Two for you to look into are PLA & PGM. PGM is more an explorer at this stage which may suit your risk profile

I'll check my watchlists for other companies that fit the bill

NKP perhaps?

Advanced Member

NKP comes out of Trading Halt, announcing:
    (a) Good progress with Banking Feasibility Study, with lower project costs,
    (b) Seeking dual-listing on Hong Kong Exchange, a good place for PMG stocks,
    (c) A $10m placement at 50c Aus

and the share price goes down!
    Doesn't compute, but that's the market. I guess some were expecting a takeover or something of that nature.
    Last edited by COLIN; 27-05-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Added last sentence.

The BFS has been postponed once again, for 4-6 weeks.
    The placement was under about 20% under current price
    NKP has avoided most of the bloodshed in the markets of late.
    There were could have been alot of short-termers/traders in hoping for a T/O or excise of Xstratas option.

So a downturn in price is not a massive surprise.
    I think the delays are primarily Xstrata playing hard ball with its 500mill option (JULY?) (which should be exicised if the final BFS is positive), and making NKP do extra drilling etc. to de-risk the project.

I would look for entry later, I think this will drop while all of the above situations right themselves. It is a big resource and it has being de-risked by a thorough BFS.

I hold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by asc4 View Post
    The BFS has been postponed once again, for 4-6 weeks.
    The placement was under about 20% under current price
    NKP has avoided most of the bloodshed in the markets of late.
    There were could have been alot of short-termers/traders in hoping for a T/O or excise of Xstratas option.

So a downturn in price is not a massive surprise.
    I think the delays are primarily Xstrata playing hard ball with its 500mill option (JULY?) (which should be exicised if the final BFS is positive), and making NKP do extra drilling etc. to de-risk the project.

I would look for entry later, I think this will drop while all of the above situations right themselves. It is a big resource and it has being de-risked by a thorough BFS.

I hold.
    Thanks, asc. I had erroneously compared the placement price with the options (NKPO) price when assessing the placement price - no wonder I was puzzled! That discount would certainly explain the price weakness today.

I continue to hold the options.

Thanks for the advice folks....for the record I decided to up my holding in KAS and flagged platinum for now...cheers

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Thanks, asc. I had erroneously compared the placement price with the options (NKPO) price when assessing the placement price - no wonder I was puzzled! That discount would certainly explain the price weakness today.

I continue to hold the options.
    Had been contemplating getting rid of my NKPOs, which had been mouldering away for quite a while, but there seems to have been a resurgence of buying interest in the last few days and now I have them on my watchlist for possible additions.