sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alipay ipo scam

Default Alipay ipo scam

anybody hearing from some english/scottish guys calling themselves alliance consultants (https://www.allianceconsults.com/) trying to sell you into the ALIPAY IPO or pre IPO....dont go there. Its a scam . They say they will list on the HK stock exchange.

There is no alipay IPO....yet.

I was unable to verify their details, their name appears on the HK companies register and they were very well spoken and forms etc looked super professional. Luckily the HK securities register popped up with a dubious warning that i found. They have a rental office in HK but it doesnt look like anyone is in their office there.

Steer well clear.
    Last edited by cammo; 04-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Question Same old?

Quote Originally Posted by cammo View Post
    anybody hearing from some english/scottish guys calling themselves alliance consultants (https://www.allianceconsults.com/) trying to sell you into the ALIPAY IPO or pre IPO....dont go there. Its a scam . They say they will list on the HK stock exchange.

There is no alipay IPO....yet.

I was unable to verify their details, their name appears on the HK companies register and they were very well spoken and forms etc looked super professional. Luckily the HK securities register popped up with a dubious warning that i found. They have a rental office in HK but it doesnt look like anyone is in their office there.

Steer well clear.
    I’ve been contacted by a Canadian from a company called Ideal Services DC ( https://idealservicesdc.com/services.html) with the same kind of offer of cheap access to pre IPO stock in Ant Financials (owns Alipay). This company is based in Tokyo but the contact number is a New York number.

Is this company legit? Has anyone had a similar approach from this company?

Have to ask yourself, why would they be ringing someone in little old NZ with a population of less than any big city in the US to sell you shares in an IPO in Hong Kong or wherever??

This someone is in AU

Get my point though :-) have you had dealings with them before - signed up to some newsletter or something, how did they get your details?

Don't get Comsec for example ringing random people asking if you want to buy shares in X company

No dealings with them before. Got initially cold-called asking if I was interested in pre-IPOs; this offer is the follow-up from that contact - I have 3 names: Brian Scott, Ronald Grant, Tom Goldstein. Have asked them pointy questions which they have adequately answered, and have checked out any references they've provided.

For example: JIHE Company Limited is the "clearing house/ escrow" Company chosen by the Registered Stock Transfer Agent (ADC Investment Company) to purchase Pre IPO shares on your behalf to be held, controlled, distributed, and/or resold on your behalf as outlined in the "cash flow" chart attached
    ADC Investment Company is a registered Stock Transfer Agent, Hong Kong Registration No: 0319560, established in 1991 having a clear record past.

idealservicedc.jpg
    Last edited by Dolphin8888; 18-12-2017 at 09:45 PM.

If it is that easy, why is everyone not doing it or why don't they just take all the profit themselves rather than ringing some random person.
    Of course they maybe legit to a degree, but no g'tee it will pan out as outlined. The money may disappear some where within that chain.

Guru

I just got a call from a guy saying they are involved in the IPO of ANT Financial who are part of Alibaba and run Alipay.

Awaiting all of the info, so I can then deposit all my money and makes loads of money!! Yay, they picked me for this golden opportunity!!

That was 5 minutes of my life gone.....

IMO

Oh well it was 5 mins less that they cant scam someone else so thats a good deed

Lucky i took 30 secs to write that scribble after i did DD on those pompous talking twits.

Wish i could steer clear of ****e stocks like this.