Special votes in tomorrow so how will Winstons negotiations play out. Lets dissect the policy - briefly

Transport. Both Winston and Jacinda like trains so I see a deal here.

Labour and Employment. Both Labour and NZ first happy to increase Minimum wage / Living wage (dress it up however we like) and hand out money with no expected increase in productivity. Both don't like casualisation or immigrants so I see a deal here.

Justice. Not a big issue but worth noting NZ first want to reverse Nationals raising the age of criminal responsibility. err to Labour

Racing - who cares anyone will give him this one.

Commerce and tax - note NZ reference to economic independence and Kiwisaver / Kiwibank. Tick to labour here.

Foreign Affairs. NZ first oppose Nationals support of UNSc2344, also opposed to deals with China. wants to look at FTA's so errs to Labour here.

Defence - probably anything here could keep ron mark busy with either party.

Broadcasting - not a lot here other than state control of a TV channel and free to air national sports probably errs to Labour.

Local Government - National probably have greater appetite to amend RMA than Labour so they get a point here.

Education - Removing charter schools and tipping Kohanga reo a nod would enable work with Labour's new Maori seat MPs's

Social Development - Emphasis on family responsibility rather than st is a tick here for National

Immigration. This is a biggie and is at odds with National. So clearly labour on a winner here.

Health: a few freebies for the young and old nests nicely with Labour. Reviewing Pharmac. Hmmm - not too national friendly here

Law and Order. Notig to contentious here. Either party could work with him

Housing. Nationals biggest stuff up. I dont know if NZ First could work with National on the basis of their policies.

Economic PLan. Labour happy to buy flakey NZ assets (eg trains) National want immigration. Labour more aligned here.

Outdoor rec. Phase out 1080. That will make the Greens happy

Primary industries. NZ First does not want foreign owned NZ assets .So cant be National here.

Environment and conservation. In a labour led coalition this will be left toe the Greens. If national it will get a bit of a nod but not much

Superannuation. Raising the retirement age and restarting contributions to NZ Super at odds with National so a tick to Labour here.

Electricity and power. NZ First want toe wind the clock back here. Another nod to Labour.

Tertiary and post secondary education. Wont get a lot of discussion so could go either way.

So at the end of it all strikes me there is a greater synergy with Labour than there is National.