sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Think I'm just going to have to write my TLS divvy off, even after talking to Link in Aussie and confirming my bank account details and that they do a sweep every Friday, nothing was received, bye bye $2600. I'm never going to own an Aussie company again, not worth the stress.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Think I'm just going to have to write my TLS divvy off, even after talking to Link in Aussie and confirming my bank account details and that they do a sweep every Friday, nothing was received, bye bye $2600. I'm never going to own an Aussie company again, not worth the stress.
    Couta, what happens to be the problem? I have many Australian shares and never have had a problem at all receiving dividends. If the divie is not direct credited you can always go to your Link login and request a replacement cheque which will be mailed to you promptly. Are you shares held in Chess or on an SRN? Why are you speaking to Link in NZ, you should be calling the registry in Australia. But there is no way you will miss out on the $2600 unless you are just giving up. My partner got her TLS dividend from Australia in her NZ bank account a few weeks ago. Its not that complicated.

The other option to avoid all the above mentioned hassles is to have the investments under a nominee account for a fee of $250/year (ASB securities) and they will deal with all the issues.

Hi
    Can anyone confirm if, with TLS bought on the NZ Market, any imputation credits can or cant be claimed?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Couta, what happens to be the problem? I have many Australian shares and never have had a problem at all receiving dividends. If the divie is not direct credited you can always go to your Link login and request a replacement cheque which will be mailed to you promptly. Are you shares held in Chess or on an SRN? Why are you speaking to Link in NZ, you should be calling the registry in Australia. But there is no way you will miss out on the $2600 unless you are just giving up. My partner got her TLS dividend from Australia in her NZ bank account a few weeks ago. Its not that complicated.
    It becomes complicated when they have your holder number and bank account details(Confirmed) and the dividend still doesn't get swept into your account on the day they say it will, after already waiting over 2 weeks. Other than just keep ringing them(Aussie Registry)there is not much I can do to fix their broken broom.
    Last edited by couta1; 15-10-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy The recurring nightmare

I find the way the Australian registries work rather frustrating in that they all seem to default to the cheque option (& send everything by post) when you first acquire shares in a company.

So about a week after buying shares I log on to the registry and fight my way round the user interface to manually enter my Oz bank account details, etc for this new company.

One I missed way back in 2011 when I left Australia for Malaysia resulted in me receiving a AU$ dividend cheque which it was not worth me trying to cash. The registry would not accept delayed direct payment information insisting that it had to be a cheque.

So every six months or so an alert appears at each and every log-in. Eventually to get rid of the annoyance I press the resend button but what happens next I do not know because I neither see the money in an account nor a cheque in the post, but I have bought another six months.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    It becomes complicated when they have your holder number and bank account details(Confirmed) and the dividend still doesn't get swept into your account on the day they say it will, after already waiting over 2 weeks. Other than just keep ringing them(Aussie Registry)there is not much I can do to fix their broken broom.
    Have you tried logging in to your "login" on the registry site? If your problems with the registry persist, I would suggest calling the company Telstra itself. You are after all the owner of TLS and therefore can tell them what they need to do.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by 100101 View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone confirm if, with TLS bought on the NZ Market, any imputation credits can or cant be claimed?
    The market on which you buy shares is irrelevant as to whether you can claim NZ imputation credits or not. If TLS paid out NZ imputation credits then, as an NZ taxpayer, you could claim them no matter where you bought your TLS shares. However, TLS only pay out Australian franking credits. So you can't claim any NZ imputation credits, because they don't exist.

SNOOPY

discl: hold TLS
    Last edited by Snoopy; 22-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

Australian companies that pay dividends that accrue NZ imputation credits usually state the amount of the imputation that NZ residents can claim on the dividend notice. The Australian franking credits are for Australian residents.

Banned

Finally, I have just received my TLS divvy in my bank account after a marathon battle, phew pleased I won't be going through that again in a hurry as I no longer hold any Aussie shares.