sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which stock is higher 12 months from now ?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • OCA is higher than MPG

25 75.76%
  • MPG is higher than OCA

7 21.21%
  • They're the same now and will be the same in 12 months

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OCA or MPG

Default OCA or MPG

Happened to notice both these recent listings are trading at exactly the same price this afternoon $1.02.
    To the best of my knowledge they're both on pretty similar PE's too with OCA forecasting 8.42 cps so forward PE about 12 and MPG about 10.2 based on 10 cps.

So...one year from now which stock is higher ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I imagine OCA is in the box seat for increases over the next year and given struggles in construction certainly in the better industry; however MPG could make it back up to $1.70 over the next couple of years with refreshed board, vision and performance.

So money on OCA but don't count out mpg just yet

I am biased, I own OCA and not MPG so my vote was always going to be a foregone conclusion but nonetheless a bit of lightweight amusement to pass the time while we wait for the never ending election saga to come to some sort of conclusion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

OCA is a growth stock where MPG is not...

Guru

Cool Good joke

OCA or MPG?

There is no comparison... And comparing based off both share prices being close to each other (being $1.0x) is not a good strategy for comparison as I'm sure you know!
    MPG listed some 3 years ago (I think?) which I wouldn't call recent, but maybe some others might. They are also in totally different industries with different issues and opportunities etc... but for what it's worth, OCA hands down!
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 16-10-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    OCA is a growth stock where MPG is not...
    There is a lot of talk of growth in the MPG annual report issued earlier this year but yes I agree that as the year has unfolded its become apparent that it really is just that, "Talk" whereas on the other hand the long term demographic tailwinds in the retirement sector are well known and provided OCA capitalise on them...

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    OCA or MPG?
    Are you kidding?
    There is no comparison... And comparing based off both share prices being close to each other (being $1.0x) is not a good strategy for comparison!

For what it's worth, OCA hands down
    It was a slow day.

OCA will have no real trouble meeting their NPAT forecast for FY18...
    However once that report drops, it becomes another ticker in a rather low valuation sector of the market.
    OCA has a very FY18 centric pipeline, there is little info on the timeline for FY19 construction and sales commencement.

It will not be given a premium to the market... 13-16 times forward earnings seems to be most likely.

Forward Underlying PE FY18E FY19E Notes to FY19
    RYM - $9.50 25x 20x Pipeline heavily focused on FY19 - Huge pipeline indeed
    SUM - $5.19 14.5x 12.8x Steady pipeline
    ARV - $1.24 16.3x 13.7x Pipeline focused on FY19 - Relying on resale's for FY18
    OCA - $1.03 14.1x 13.8x Relying on resale's for FY19 ( developments in planning and construction stages )
    MET - $6.00 17x 15.8x Steady pipeline

As for MPG, the construction sector has been growing revenues very well, albeit with terrible marginal contraction... the construction cycle is not yet over and their may be some hope left.
    MPG could return a 20-50% gain by the end of the year with any sign of strength, whereas maximum returns on OCA from current levels would be 20-30%

Unlikely performer, but a higher potential return in MPG for the next 12 months on the market, far less risk with OCA and a more stable outlook.

Voted for OCA
    Last edited by hardt; 17-10-2017 at 04:46 AM.

Stupid poll mate

OcA 100% certain to beat MPG

If you had put MVN in it would be a dead heat (with mpg that is)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stupid poll mate

OcA 100% certain to beat MPG

If you had put MVN in it would be a dead heat (with mpg that is)
    If the poll had have been about which company has the best management, it would have been interesting, my vote would go to MPG in that case.