sharetrader
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    He wanted to cut company tax in his election campaign, not sure on CGT
    After much pressing by the media, Jacinda stated there would be not CGT until at least 2020.

As for the company tax comment, I think that related to a crack-down on large international corporates using structures to avoid paying NZ tax.

As has been seen globally on many occasions over many years political events (both local and geo) are just noise.

At the end of the day company fundamentals win out .....not what’s happening today on the political front.

That advice for ‘investors’ - traders love these times because they can take short term punts on investor sentiment and make zillions.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-10-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Do you think that labor will introduce a cgt on property?
    National introduced a CGT on property already. It's called the bright line test. new govt may extend it from two years to maybe three or five.

Advanced Member

MMH. They are a major focus point should the process to move the port...or at least some portion of it, from Auckland to Whangarei gets underway.

Guru

I would not buy anything for l 30 days until the needs/demands of this govt are more fully understood, Im picking a 5% drop today at least.

Guru

The average Joe will suffer as with uncertainty the $ will ( some say has already ) drop which will push up the costs of imports and then interest rates will rise and hurt all families with decent mortgages .

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Will be an interesting one to watch...

Currently a hard question to answer, and it may be for some months, as no policy has really been detailed, other than apparently immigration will be cut to 20-30k (however I don't think this will hit retirement stocks as much as people think)

Exporters will benefit 'immediately' and I think interest rates will start to go up (due to labour throwing more money around, among other things) which could impact the housing market.

Slightly scary times right now.
    Certainly sounds inflationary to me. Especially if Winston keeps talking doom and gloom on the economy. Interest rate rise coming, and big problems building 200 houses a week when immigration numbers reduced. Where are the tradesmen coming from? Several conflicting polices. Certainly won't be plain sailing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Certainly sounds inflationary to me. Especially if Winston keeps talking doom and gloom on the economy. Interest rate rise coming, and big problems building 200 houses a week when immigration numbers reduced. Where are the tradesmen coming from? Several conflicting polices. Certainly won't be plain sailing.
    one solution...keep borrowing and giving out....go Labour!!!

Populous won’t be too impressed when petrol hits $2.20 litre

Winnie already has said ‘Don’t blame me’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Tell me who comes to mind when I say "Protectionist, Nationalist, pro export and manufacturing, anti establishment, anti-immigration and a big spender that will lead us into higher interest rates "
    I remember how the market saw this as an omen for all of 10 hours and never looked back.

Not nearly as big a disaster as people think, have more faith in the New Zealand you know and love as opposed to the one you are picturing in your head without much detail.

Either way, I am going to lose thousands of dollars today and will be ready to snap up some bargains
    Last edited by hardt; 20-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.