sharetrader
Page 442 of 697 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 6963
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    What increasingly concerns me, is why are landlords beings singled out? My tenants, whom we have provided a significant reduction in lease, inform me that none of their other suppliers will provide longer payment terms, reduction in service costs, etc. In fact many suppliers have increased their costs. It's only landlords that are the primary target for generous discounts.
    That fella' upstairs made landlords specifically as a punching bag for lessees.

Advanced Member

Landlords of commercial properties will be thinking very hard before adding to their portfolios. Developers and construction companies will be getting anxious. The impact of government decisions tampering with contracts will reverberate for a long time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    What increasingly concerns me, is why are landlords being singled out? My tenants, whom we have provided a significant reduction in lease, inform me that none of their other suppliers will provide longer payment terms, reduction in service costs, etc. In fact many suppliers have increased their costs. It's only landlords that are the primary target for generous discounts.
    I now think that if the government wants to support commercial tenants then the government should subsidise tenants’ lease payments.

Otherwise Landlords should be able to demand what is due on the lease. If the lessee cannot pay, then the landlord should be able to pursue the lessee for any debt, and then should be free to sell the property, leave it vacant or find another lessee who can pay the full amount the landlord wants.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 06-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Dilettante

In its wisdom the Government and Kiwirail have decided to give a $ 371 m contract to 2 overseas owned construction firms. One of them is Chinese owned with only 10 staff in NZ.
    Meanwhile they pay a wage subsidy for NZ firms such as Fletcher's and Downer.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12337516

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In its wisdom the Government and Kiwirail have decided to give a $ 371 m contract to 2 overseas owned construction firms. One of them is Chinese owned with only 10 staff in NZ.
    Meanwhile they pay a wage subsidy for NZ firms such as Fletcher's and Downer.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12337516
    We can build yachts , not too sure about large roll on roll off ships , is this the contracts you are talking about ??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    We can build yachts , not too sure about large roll on roll off ships , is this the contracts you are talking about ??
    If you had read the linked article you would have known that not to be the case.

If the government can pass draconian lockdown laws in a heartbeat, surely they can regulate to see that large infrastructure expenditure is kept local. Winston's quoted excuses may be correct, but were avoidable by a proactive forward thinking administration. Who fits that description in Cindy's lot?

Veteran novice

A poor outcome for NZ workers but may have saved Fletchers from another disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I now think that if the government wants to support commercial tenants then the government should subsidise tenants’ lease payments.

Otherwise Landlords should be able to demand what is due on the lease. If the lessee cannot pay, then the landlord should be able to pursue the lessee for any debt, and then should be free to sell the property, leave it vacant or find another lessee who can pay the full amount the landlord wants.
    Well as Cullen said "rich pricks" Our Govt doesn't care about fair business just about Votes landlords are seen as easy game for a few more votes ...

...whatever happen to the PM taking a pay-cut ? " Most transparent Govt " Yeah right
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    If you had read the linked article you would have known that not to be the case.

If the government can pass draconian lockdown laws in a heartbeat, surely they can regulate to see that large infrastructure expenditure is kept local. Winston's quoted excuses may be correct, but were avoidable by a proactive forward thinking administration. Who fits that description in Cindy's lot?
    I think the key wording is "overseas owned", surely they will be employing a lot of NZ workers on the project . With the amount of infrastructure and additional spending the Govt has announced lately should be enough for everyone . Hopefully Fletchers will take back the 1000 workers recently made redundant to build some of the 8000 state houses announced .
    If they get short of work the Govt could try and improve on the 400/100,000 Kiwibuild houses they promised ...400 and nearly 3 years in .

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...sition-attacks

A coalition government in disarray. And it is going to get worse as elf tion day approaches.

Kiwibuild should serve as a resounding warning to all NZers, especially those who were hoodwinked into voting for Comrade Cindy on the promise of affordable homes that this is a government of incompetents & convenient with the tail wagging the dog.