sharetrader
Page 665 of 697 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 6963

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Transformation can take many forms, and tackling the social/cultural issues such as assisted dying, cannabis and abortion is transformational and shows courage and that she is not afraid, unlike National, to raise controversial and divisive issues such as abortion, when there is public support for them.
    I always read the comments on articles – “Jacinda is a pragmatist rather than a populist” – I agree.
    This comment makes a lot of sense “I think you will find the issue with a Capital Gains tax wasn’t about popularity with voters but more about more than half of politicians having investment properties themselves, she said it was “politically unpalatable” in other words, she was unable to get the numbers to pass anything.”
    “Poverty, Housing and Tax. All 3 are the same issue, welded together” = neoliberalism. All in the very hard basket.
    Assisted dying = ACT

Cannabis = Greens

Abortion reform = formalisation of practices already in place

Try harder, Moka - name one transformative initiative by Cindy. She can’t even Deliver on Reducing child poverty!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Assisted dying = ACT
    Try harder, Moka - name one transformative initiative by Cindy. She can’t even Deliver on Reducing child poverty!

Just to throw the cats amongst the pigeons - There was a food in schools initiative proposed by Jacinda (Her proper name, not that I voted for Labour)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Just to throw the cats amongst the pigeons - There was a food in schools initiative proposed by Jacinda (Her proper name, not that I voted for Labour)
    Yeah that ones brilliant! I earn over $100k and my kid gets free lunch at school now. Another couple beers at the pub on Fridays for me

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Yeah that ones brilliant! I earn over $100k and my kid gets free lunch at school now. Another couple beers at the pub on Fridays for me
    Don't forget the energy subsidy - you get it whether you need it or not.

Guru

Don't forget the energy subsidy - you get it whether you need it or not.
    For 65+ - don't forget the pension along with the Super Card.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    For 65+ - don't forget the pension along with the Super Card.
    Nothing to do with Cindy.

Eradicating child poverty is her big thing - and if giving out lunches is her idea of one way to do it, next she will be giving out free dinners too. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by tga_trader View Post
    Not free, you're paying for it more than me.
    You're also paying to help reduce child poverty by way of impoverished children being given at least something to try and help them to concentrate and learn at school.

Not a perfect policy by any means, but no doubt you'll be doing a few cashies along the way to offset the higher tax that you'll be paying.

Eradicating child poverty is her big thing - and if giving out lunches is her idea of one way to do it, next she will be giving out free dinners too. ��

There is an organisation currently setup in Auckland that does offer free dinner - Basically a pay what you feel like paying type service. Not obligated to for your dinner.
    They take food that would otherwise have gone to landfill and offer it up as 3 course dinners.

http://everybodyeats.co.nz/

A great initiative if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Not free, you're paying for it more than me.
    You're also paying to help reduce child poverty by way of impoverished children being given at least something to try and help them to concentrate and learn at school.

Not a perfect policy by any means, but no doubt you'll be doing a few cashies along the way to offset the higher tax that you'll be paying.
    Capital gains, Stumpynuts - why pay tax when you do not have to?

I see nothing has changed since I left.

Question for you. How would you tackle child poverty in this country Balance? You don’t support an increase to the minimum wage, a living wage, or any form of social assistance. So what would your solution be for families working their butts off to support their children, who can’t earn enough to do that? I am not talking about people on benefits so please don’t come back at me with any of your beneficiary bashing comments. I am talking about low income families, many of whom have both parents working multiple jobs, who are still unable to get themselves out of poverty. Do you really begrudge your tax dollars going to help feed their children? Would you feel the same way if someone in your family was in this position?

Tell me what you would do to help these families, or do you actually genuinely not care about them or their children?

Eradicating child poverty is her big thing - and if giving out lunches is her idea of one way to do it, next she will be giving out free dinners too. 藍