sharetrader
Page 21 of 697 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    So Cindy Astern is now looking for a CEO for a new agency to assess re-entry into Pike River Mine. He/she could be liable for several millions of dollars in fines or jail time if something goes wrong. I think this is a perfect job for Little himself or Peters, to show how brave (or stupid) they really are.

" From Stuff:
    " However, the briefing documents show the way the agency would run, and while Little would be in charge of overseeing the agency and make the final call on re-entry, the chief executive of the agency would be liable for any decisions."
    This whole talk of Liability is a total red herring. Of course Little was never going to be responsible. A minister wouldn't be, never has been and there is nothing in the law that allows for it.

As for the CEO. He/she will be fine. All he/she has to do is apply the same care, skill and diligence that a reasonable person would do in the same circumstances taking into account it is a mine / tunnel reentry. Do those things and kill a few people and there will be no "guilty" verdict if charged. Of curse no-one will be killed and it is extremely unlikely anyone will die.

I wouldn't mind Little heading down there since this was a mine that according to him had excellent safety standards. As for Peter he volunteered so I have no problems with him leading the charge

Jian Yang was the Chinese influencer in the National Government. So much influencing going on that the general public should be concerned. Enough material to Labour to stir this up as an election issue but they were strangely very quiet on the issue

Now that the Chinese influencing role has passed to Labour MP Raymond Huo no doubt the ‘influencing’ will go on.

Wonder why the President of the Labour Party attended a recent Chinese Communist Party Congress?

Professor Brady has a brilliant paper Magic Weapons: Chins’s political influence activities under Xi Jinping
    https://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/d...tember2017.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    Professor Anne-Marie Brady
    Global Fellow, Wilson Center, Washington, DC

A completely unbiased report from someone deeply embedded in the evil empire propaganda service.

University of Canterbury since 2001

I'll see you, and raise with this free, to first year students, higher qualification:

http://foodandwine.co.nz/wine/certif...dge-sommelier/
    Nice find - though it doesn't say whether learning materials are included in the tuition fees ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Yes it does. Halfway down in orange sidebar:

"Fees include WSET® examination fees, textbooks, wine tastings, day trips and guest lectures."

I'm signing up tomorrow.
    Yippeah! One must love this government - great to hear that Jacinda invited us to drink for free - mighty nice of her.

But wait - who is going to pay when the music stops?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I'll see you, and raise with this free, to first year students, higher qualification:

http://foodandwine.co.nz/wine/certif...dge-sommelier/
    Thats excellent - its only 12 weeks and I get a year free. Time for my Mixolgy course as well!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jian Yang was the Chinese influencer in the National Government. So much influencing going on that the general public should be concerned. Enough material to Labour to stir this up as an election issue but they were strangely very quiet on the issue

Now that the Chinese influencing role has passed to Labour MP Raymond Huo no doubt the ‘influencing’ will go on.

Wonder why the President of the Labour Party attended a recent Chinese Communist Party Congress?

Professor Brady has a brilliant paper Magic Weapons: Chins’s political influence activities under Xi Jinping
    https://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/d...tember2017.pdf
    BEIJING, Oct. 21 (Xinhua) -- The ongoing 19th Communist Party of China (CPC) National Congress has received good wishes from foreign leaders, political parties and organizations around the world.

The messages speak highly of the CPC's leadership as well as China's socio-economic development and global contributions, and express full confidence that the CPC will lead China to even greater prosperity.

The following is an edited version of some of these messages.

Peter Goodfellow, president of the New Zealand National Party

The 19th CPC National Congress will be of great significance to China's socio-economic development in the next five years and beyond. New Zealand welcomes China's Belt and Road Initiative and looks forward to extensive and in-depth cooperation with China under the initiative.

Along with the Blue Dragons National was there first. I wonder why ?
    westerly

Hey EZ - what’s up with this secret 30 odd page paper that Labour are refusing to release even though they and Winston said they would. You know the one about directives to new ministers post coalition agreement.

Also Grant Robertson seems to be doing sneaky things out of the public eye (ie no consultation) in the review of the Reserve Bank Act.

I thought you (and Joshua) were all for the greater transparency that Jacinda and her government were going to bring.

Not looking like it’s happening

Probably now in power they start acting just like the last lot

Legend

Unfortunately they won't.

IMO

Hey EZ - what’s up with this secret 30 odd page paper that Labour are refusing to release even though they and Winston said they would. You know the one about directives to new ministers post coalition agreement.

Also Grant Robertson seems to be doing sneaky things out of the public eye (ie no consultation) in the review of the Reserve Bank Act.

I thought you (and Joshua) were all for the greater transparency that Jacinda and her government were going to bring.

Not looking like it’s happening

When you have an opposition who considers you the enemy to be attacked and taken down at ANY opp one has to be prudent. When you have an opposition who dont want to be reasonable as in my previous example but will take any cheap shot they can regardless of whats good for NZ , one needs to be prudent. National will be given opps to collaborate despite this behaviour. Will they change their spots; i dont think so, consigning themselves to stay where they are for a few terms yet imo.An irrelevant stagnant backwater.