sharetrader
Page 245 of 697 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Yeah, got it wrong, but even at 30 cents compared wih Australia's 45 cents top rate the wealthy are doing well in NZ

westerly
    It is about $88,000 income that Australia tax becomes more than NZ. And their top rate 45c comes in at $180,000.
    There were new rates announced in the recent budget which will alter things a bit.

When do you think people become wealthy?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Yeah, got it wrong, but even at 30 cents compared wih Australia's 45 cents top rate the wealthy are doing well in NZ

westerly
    Why? Simply because they are not taxed as much as the immoral Australian rate? The govt. should not be able to take 33% of my money just because of some arbitrary line.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is up to Shaw to make his judgment before the next election if he does not wish to campaign as part of a coalition. NZF may pick up a few votes now.

While housing supply failed to keep up with population growth and investors helped price first home buyers out of cheaper areas, Key’s National Party mostly avoided the issues. Were they Too unpalatable for the National Party Constituency?

Ardern seems to think a comprehensive tax reform is necessary. However she does not have the parliamentary numbers to be able to achieve that. However she has said she hopes to introduce targeted changes. She has not abandoned principles but will try to find a different way to gradually achieve policies that takes into account parliamentary arithmetic.
    She abandoned her principles when she signed the Coalition agreement with Winston First where he was handed all the power and given a few $ Billion slush fund while Labour gets very little and The Greens have been made a joke of. Now with CGT abandoned, we wait with interest to see what she is going to do, if anything, about her generation's "nuclear moment" , but I suspect Winnie will scuttle any attempt at that as well. I do note when she announced dropping CGT , her statement also included the environmental taxes the TWG recommended. Certainly nothing has happened yet, after 18 months in Government.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    She abandoned her principles when she signed the Coalition agreement with Winston First where he was handed all the power and given a few $ Billion slush fund while Labour gets very little and The Greens have been made a joke of. Now with CGT abandoned, we wait with interest to see what she is going to do, if anything, about her generation's "nuclear moment" , but I suspect Winnie will scuttle any attempt at that as well. I do note when she announced dropping CGT , her statement also included the environmental taxes the TWG recommended. Certainly nothing has happened yet, after 18 months in Government.
    I am not sure what your distinction is between principles and policy goals. Isn’t it a requirement of all politicians who become cabinet ministers per Collective cabinet responsibility that personal policy goals and ideas need to be tempered with the need to co-operate with others to reach a consensus.

If Labour voters thinks that the balance of power in government has tilted too far in favour of NZF, then they can switch to National If they think National in government would be more likely to introduce Labour Party type policies....
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-04-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

It's starting to look like 1974.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    It's starting to look like 1974.
    Is she shooting pigeons from the rooftop or something?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am not sure what your distinction is between principles and policy goals. Isn’t it a requirement of all politicians who become cabinet ministers per Collective cabinet responsibility that personal policy goals and ideas need to be tempered with the need to co-operate with others to reach a consensus.

If Labour voters thinks that the balance of power in government has tilted too far in favour of NZF, then they can switch to National If they think National in government would be more likely to introduce Labour Party type policies....
    Obviously when there are none of your achievable policy goals in a political agreement you sign, you have no principles in politics. That's how I see our PM, she doesn't stand for anything.
    Duncan Garner sums it up well here : https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...itical-capital

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Mr Jones is going to have a whole lot of trouble spending his re-election fund, especially now the OAG is watching. I expect to see big bucks tipped into the 'nuclear moment' black hole.

The Opposition is also watching, mostly keeping its power dry atm.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Is she shooting pigeons from the rooftop or something?
    Not that I'm aware of, but you do wonder who's got the little Black Book. . .

Dilettante

A bullying culture with a boss like Trevor Mallard. Surely they are just following his lead ! https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...at-the-beehive