sharetrader
Page 690 of 697 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 6963

And what is Cindy doing about the property market surging out of the reach of first home buyers and rents going up?

NOTHING - because she and her team of incompetents have not got a clue!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/pro...an-lvrs-to-fix

"Given the fundamentals supporting the property market, Patterson said it was not really a bubble. The challenge was the widening gap in wealth between the 60-odd per cent of people who are homeowners, and the rest.

“For those that are locked out of the housing market at present, it is problematic. We’ve seen rents have actually still gone up across the country, and those people don’t benefit from the lower interest expense.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Labour already set aside $400,000,000 for 'progressive home ownership'. The intention seems to be that the homeowners get money up front, one way or another, and pay it back over time.

So really taxpayers, it's like celery - zero calories. Except it will be more like taxpayer input to Kiwibuild, lots of calories.
    The good thing is they can fund it from their secret state house sales program :-)
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ational-policy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The good thing is they can fund it from their secret state house sales program :-)
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ational-policy
    As cynical & hypocritical as they come - Cindy & her team of incompetents.

Enjoy the ‘victory’, Labourites and watch the wealth gap widen further and further over the next 3 years. Then watch Cindy bugger off a d leave the mess for others to clean up.

Yawn ....

If you intend to carry on ranting for the next three years, you really need to come up with some new material.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As cynical & hypocritical as they come - Cindy & her team of incompetents.

Enjoy the ‘victory’, Labourites and watch the wealth gap widen further and further over the next 3 years. Then watch Cindy bugger off a d leave the mess for others to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Yawn ....

If you intend to carry on ranting for the next three years, you really need to come up with some new material.
    Seriously, do you think Cindy can deliver on her many promises, especially of affordable homes for NZers?

Advanced Member

$400m builds less than 1,000 houses in NZ or less than 500 in Auckland these days - waiting list for homes run into the thousands.

So taxpayers will be tapped into for the tens of billions of dollars required to build state homes.

Plenty of money to be made, folks!

Just make sure you get your share - in fact, more than your share because future generations are going to have to pay for the shopaholic-debt-piling habits of Cindy's team of incompetents.
    The $400 mill is not to build or buy homes. It is apparently for things like rent-to-buy and shared equity. I say 'apparently' because who knows.

I think we do know some things - for example private sector rent-to-buy schemes have been lucrative in the past for sellers when they recover ownership when the rent-to-buyers miss their contracted responsibilities. Fairly straightforward, but will be a whole lot trickier when lucky taxpayers fall over backwards to keep these recalcitrant households in their homes. So those household don't end up in tears on the 6pm news - bad bad bad optics.

I said new material, not the same old regurgitated stuff we have had to listen to for months. The election is over. Jacinda and Labour won. Get over it. Have you seriously not got anything better to do with your life/time than drag this debate out for eternity? It is a glorious day - go take the dog for a walk, dig your veggie garden, water some flowers. Or maybe even surprise Mrs Balance with an afternoon bonk.

You will feel better, whichever option you choose. I promise.

Seriously, do you think Cindy can deliver on her many promises, especially of affordable homes for NZers?
    Last edited by justakiwi; 01-11-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I said new material, not the same old regurgitated stuff we have had to listen to for months. The election is over. Jacinda and Labour won. Get over it. Have you seriously not got anything better to do with your life/time than drag this debate out for eternity? It is a glorious day - go take the dog for a walk, dig your veggie garden, water some flowers. Or maybe even surprise Mrs Balance with some “afternoon delight.”

You will feel better, whichever option you choose. I promise.
    Thanks, justakiwi.

Matter of fact - I had a lovely 2 hours walk around Cornwall Park with Mrs Balance & my daughter this morning, then had lunch of pizza & salad (with honey mustard dressing), listened to and danced to a crooner**** with his saxophone playing sidekick with my daughter at the farmers market - life’s good!

It’s all about balance and enjoying the good life, right?

But sadly, as I type in my thoughts after reading the news of the day, I believe in my heart that those who voted for another 3 years of Cindy & her team of incompetents are doomed to see another 3 years of widening gap between those with properties & assets, vs those who are without. The youngsters and first home buyers are going to be the biggest casualties.

Why? Because leopards do not change their spots and this Cindy dog does not know how to hunt. She is a show dog manipulated & used by the power hungry incompetents.

Meanwhile ....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ee-to-disagree

The old adage ‘keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer’ comes to mind. Cynical but effective!

****Was so lovely dancing to this uplifting tune (jazz style) :

Smile tho' your heart is aching
    Smile even tho' it's breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky
    You'll get by

If you smile
    Thro' your fear and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shin-ing thro' for you

Light up your face with gladness
    Hide ev-'ry trace of sadness
    Altho' a tear may be ever so near
    That's the time
    You must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying
    You'll find that life is still worth-while
    If you just smile
    Last edited by Balance; 01-11-2020 at 12:39 PM.

I know political hypocrisy is nothing new but the Greens agreement to disagree with the labour certainly raises the bar. We hold fast to our core values, indeed but we also would like to hold on to our ministerial salaries.!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I know political hypocrisy is nothing new but the Greens agreement to disagree with the labour certainly raises the bar. We hold fast to our core values, indeed but we also would like to hold on to our ministerial salaries.!
    Indeed, and Labour would like to hold on to The Greens using our money.