sharetrader
Page 642 of 697 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 6963
    Guru

Your bloke dave will likely only be there due to the deal in Epsom rather than merit.

NZ's electoral college rort when dave recieves below 5% again as is likely.

The greens think they are in with a grin...was present when they talked to a sector group the other week..they made it clear regardless of the negative influence of their policies to the group..it was simple, they do not care and expect to be in Government. Their policies are for the greater good.

Guru

Luckily then the greens won't have much influence or impact, 18 years spent in opposition, 3 in govt and in that three only tiny $200m budget allocations provided and the cannibas referendum passed since 2017.

They are an ethical party in this campaign though, and it's one which brings ideas to the table, which I respect unlike Act who relies on election acommodations from national and not on any sort of merit with their generous campaign finances too.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 26-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Dilettante

BlueSkies what you describe is what a majority of farmers are doing. They are working hard to improve environmental practices but feel constantly undermined and undervalued for their efforts, as can be seen by some comments on here. We should be working with them, not always against them. After all, they know better than Ministers or public servants what needs to be done. Instead of cooperation, David Parker has been ramming through laws with his “I know best” patronising attitude and will not even talk or listen to the likes of Federated Farmers or Beef & Lamb NZ
    Last edited by iceman; 27-09-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Luckily then the greens won't have much influence or impact, 18 years spent in opposition, 3 in govt and in that three only tiny $200m budget allocations provided and the cannibas referendum passed since 2017.

They are an ethical party in this campaign though, and it's one which brings ideas to the table, which I respect unlike Act who relies on election acommodations from national and not on any sort of merit with their generous campaign finances too.
    The people of New Plymouth may beg to differ, with the destruction of the oil/gas industry, which financially made no sense, and environmentally made no sense, but gave Cindy an opportunity to make another one of her disastrous "Captain's Calls", to steal Greens thunder.

As for ethics....Green School in surprise, surprise....Taranaki!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The people of New Plymouth may beg to differ, with the destruction of the oil/gas industry, which financially made no sense, and environmentally made no sense, but gave Cindy an opportunity to make another one of her disastrous "Captain's Calls", to steal Greens thunder.

As for ethics....Green School in surprise, surprise....Taranaki!
    And don't forget the 'wealth tax' bottom line which has become yet another BS platitude from the hypocritical Greens.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-09-2020 at 02:28 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12367932

James Shaw - just another grubby politician with no scruples.

This is the man who declined to be interviewed any further on the $12m to the Green School but is most eager to be interviewed on how the wealth tax is not a bottom line policy after all.

Fitzsimmons must be spinning in her grave - such is the total lack of principles displayed now by the Party she set up to champion green policies and ethical politics.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-09-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    BlueSkies what you describe is what a majority of farmers are doing. They are working hard to improve environmental practices but feel constantly undermined and undervalued for their efforts, as can be seen by some comments on here. We should be working with them, not always against them. After all, they know better than Ministers or public servants what needs to be done. Instead of cooperation, David Parker has been ramming through laws with his “I know best” patronising attitude and will not even talk or listen to the likes of Federated Farmers or Beef & Lamb NZ
    Exhibit A: Fonterra. Farmers even though they work hard don't necessarily have the competency to pick who is better to run a company or even country and it's better left to city and suburban folk. Once the pandemic is over we can make sure they get the migrants that are needed and do all the sales and distribution work.

Focusing on what can be done to increase the milk price* is a better focus than a few minor costs on water which encourage conservation and may lower costs long term through not despoiling the environment and ruining the NZ brand.

*(lower NZD, better products and marketing etc).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 27-09-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Why should that interest me? I do not bet on such things, but have no doubt your lot will be returned along with the Kermits.
    Yep my mistake, it was the man from Napier I had the odd bet with.

New survey results: Labour could govern alone. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12368332

Been dropping pamphlets today, there might be quite a big swing in many electorates, so there could be a few National MP offices closing up soon.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Exhibit A: Fonterra. Farmers even though they work hard don't necessarily have the competency to pick who is better to run a company or even country and it's better left to city and suburban folk. Once the pandemic is over we can make sure they get the migrants that are needed and do all the sales and distribution work.

Focusing on what can be done to increase the milk price* is a better focus than a few minor costs on water which encourage conservation and may lower costs long term through not despoiling the environment and ruining the NZ brand.

*(lower NZD, better products and marketing etc).
    I wouldn't step outside of an urban area and expound such nonsense if I were you Panda....not if you like drawing breath. If your arrogance, bigotry and outright stupidity is widespread within Labour supporters we are in deeper **** than I thought possible.