sharetrader
Page 672 of 697 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 6963
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    We got the lesser of two evils IMO, having to rely upon the Greens to govern would have been far worse but perhaps thats why Labour got all those extra votes from the Right.
    Hard to know how many National people voted for Labour to keep the Greens out, I am sure quite a few did but it doesnt explain the massive shift in favour of Labour IMO. I think Jacindas popularity had something to do with it plus in these uncertain times I think people tend to want some consistency in their lives and voting Labour back in may have given them a sense of security. But who would know, we will just have to see how things pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hard to know how many National people voted for Labour to keep the Greens out, I am sure quite a few did but it doesnt explain the massive shift in favour of Labour IMO. I think Jacindas popularity had something to do with it plus in these uncertain times I think people tend to want some consistency in their lives and voting Labour back in may have given them a sense of security. But who would know, we will just have to see how things pan out.
    Like Chavez of Venezuela, Cindy will flame & burn NZ with her ‘popularity’.

A show dog paraded by a bunch of incompetents is no race horse.

BTW, RupertBear - trust you note what the hijab is about in Iran and how your Cindy decided to spite the oppressed women of Iran by wearing the hijab, when she was asked not to?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=taboola_feed

Under Islamic law in force in Iran since its 1979 revolution, women must wear a hijab that covers the head and neck and that conceals their hair.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-10-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Like Chavez of Venezuela, Cindy will flame & burn NZ with her ‘popularity’.

A show dog paraded by a bunch of incompetents is no race horse.

BTW, RupertBear - trust you note what the hijab is about in Iran and how your Cindy decided to spite the oppressed women of Iran by wearing the hijab, when she was asked not to?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o=taboola_feed

Under Islamic law in force in Iran since its 1979 revolution, women must wear a hijab that covers the head and neck and that conceals their hair.
    Yes Balance I know what the hijab is about. It was my understanding Jacinda first wore it as a sign of empathy. Which was a gesture I believe people accepted and appreciated at the time. However, and it pains me to say this, I agree with you she did over do the wearing of it and it did become a bit cringe worthy IMO

Advanced Member

You may want to explain how one opts out of the Winter Energy Payment when one is not receiving it.

🤣
    Nice try - but I reckon my original response got you old fella, you fell in to your own trap quite nicely.

Advanced Member

Luckily there are savvy voters in NZ.

Compare and contrast with the suckers in Venezuela who voted and made Chavez the most popular President ever in that once most wealthy of country - that country is now a basket case.

Popularity? Keep it for the suckers who cannot differentiate between spin and competency.
    Give it up for a while - your team got screwed, the PM is very popular, just accept that and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Give it up for a while - your team got screwed, the PM is very popular, just accept that and move on.
    Yup, like Chavez of Venezuela was very popular - 79% rating at one stage. Left behind a failed state.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Nice try - but I reckon my original response got you old fella, you fell in to your own trap quite nicely.
    Writes the loser tim23 & snivelling coward who does not have any balls or real $$$ to back up his assertions.

I ❤️ It! 🤣
    Last edited by Balance; 22-10-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Yes Balance I know what the hijab is about. It was my understanding Jacinda first wore it as a sign of empathy. Which was a gesture I believe people accepted and appreciated at the time. However, and it pains me to say this, I agree with you she did over do the wearing of it and it did become a bit cringe worthy IMO
    Appreciate your post, Rupert Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I see nothing has changed since I left.

Question for you. How would you tackle child poverty in this country Balance? You don’t support an increase to the minimum wage, a living wage, or any form of social assistance. So what would your solution be for families working their butts off to support their children, who can’t earn enough to do that? I am not talking about people on benefits so please don’t come back at me with any of your beneficiary bashing comments. I am talking about low income families, many of whom have both parents working multiple jobs, who are still unable to get themselves out of poverty. Do you really begrudge your tax dollars going to help feed their children? Would you feel the same way if someone in your family was in this position?

Tell me what you would do to help these families, or do you actually genuinely not care about them or their children?
    4 things which will decisively change the ‘poverty’ trap in NZ - true & tried methods :

1. Free Quality Education

2. Affordable housing

3. Jobs

4. Personal & parental responsibilities

1, 2 & 3 are already readily available if spending is prioritised but there is no will or desire to impose personal & parental responsibilities on all parents in NZ.

Parents having more children than they can afford for eg but they expect the state to provide! As long as that is the case, child poverty will never be eradicated.

Why even bother?

Teach a person to fish etc etc
    Last edited by Balance; 22-10-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Sometimes I really wonder whether you actually understand the meaning of some of the words you use. The absolute LAST thing Jacinda is, is cynical. Not in any shape or form. If anyone is cynical its you.

Why do you get so worked up all the time? Politicians come and go. As individuals we will like some politicians and dislike others. None of them are perfect and we shouldn't expect them to be. But seriously, your aggressive attitude towards Jacinda is off the scale crazy. Just suck it up and let her get on with it. It's 3 years, not forever. Either she will prove herself worthy of the role or she won't. Which is no different from any other politician we have had in the past. Geez, I had to tolerate Muldoon, John Key and Simon Bridges. Yes I moaned from time to time but I didn't let it consume me or my life. If you hang on to your anger and continue like this for the next three years you will send yourself to an early grave. Seriously.

Articulate, yes.

Clever, no. Cunning & cynical - absolutely yes, that’s Cindy.

Can’t deliver on all the transformative election promises she promised :

Affordable housing,

Eradicating child poverty,

Upgrading infrastructure,

Capital Gains Tax,

Etc etc.

Luckily not all of us are fooled by her & her team of incompetents.

BTW, RB - You hink she will need to wear the hijab more often to join the UN now she missed out on the Nobel Peace Prize?