sharetrader
Page 254 of 697 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post

A good opposition would have noticed the mistake and done the responsible thing. Do you seriously believe Labour would have handled it this way had they been in opposition? Jacinda would not have supported this action had the roles been reversed. I have absolutely no doubt about that.
    I think you are totally wrong there. Just look at Mallard et al. Jacinda would have supported such an action totally had the roles been reversed. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

A good opposition would have noticed the mistake and done the responsible thing. Do you seriously believe Labour would have handled it this way had they been in opposition?
    Labour do not have a good history of being open and transparent. There was every chance they would have buried this issue and we, the public would have been none the wiser.
    What did we learn
    - not a lot about the budget. All important stuff had been pre released.
    - a lot about government agencies IT systems and how slack they are.
    - A lot about the ethics of our Government department CEOs. And hopefully Ireland is keeping up with this saga
    - a lot about the approach taken by a "neutral" Speaker
    - a lot about an opposition who works tirelessly at a task.

Jacinda would not have supported this action had the roles been reversed. I have absolutely no doubt about that.
    Do you not remember the lies she told during the Clare Curran / Derek Handely affair. There was her fudging of details over the Karl Shrubek one as well. She has not released details of the Labour Camp sexual assaults. The list goes on.

And when a report is done you have the Speaker coming out and decalring "rape" when no such thing happened. Or a CGA recommendation and nothing happens.

Ok, I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree. I am not a loyal party follower type voter. I vote for whichever party I feel has a leader with integrity and vision, the best policies for me as an individual, and for the majority of New Zealanders. I voted Labour at the last election for these reasons. Unless something changes between now and the next election, I will probably vote Labour again, for the same reasons.

NZ politics needs a major shake up. We will never have more than two major parties. That’s the reality. So we need a government and an opposition that can work for the good of the country. What we have been doing for the last 38 years (since my first vote) hasn’t worked. We go around in circles getting nowhere. We need to think outside the square and find ways to do things differently and better. Labour isn’t perfect, but they are starting to understand that the status quo isn’t working. They have vision and the balls to step out of their comfort zone to try new things. So far, I am happy enough with what they have done/are doing. Of course I don’t agree with everything, but I am willing to give them time to see things through. National has done nothing over their past however many terms, that had any positive affect on my life. Demographically, someone like me is not their focus. Never have been. Never will be. Labour is the better choice for me.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 10-06-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    i think it was unethical unauthorised hacking, low level, but hacking, systematically done for incredibly self serving purposes an attempt to undermine the first well being budget ,esp for mental health and also totally mute the teachers issues. What an incredible stuff up and poor judgement on Nationals part. I can see instructive videos being made of his parliament vitriolic poisonous rant to teach humans how not to behave.
    Take the blinkers off JT. The info was on a publicly accessible website.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Take the blinkers off JT. The info was on a publicly accessible website.
    Exactly, jonu. Websites are there to provide information to those who are prepared to interrogate them.

IMO

Unauthorised intrusion also unethical and immoral , two days of it, def hacking low level maybe.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Unauthorised intrusion also unethical and immoral , two days of it, def hacking low level maybe.
    You have a very strange dictionary if you think that is a valid decription

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    You have a very strange dictionary if you think that is a valid decription
    The same people celebrate Nicky Hager when he illegally hacks various websites, not website browsing like happened in this case

IMO

Comparing what great detective work Nicky Hagar did uncovering Dirty politics and what National have done is sensible.Whale Oil and National are in the same dirty boat.Ask Judith Collins for one, John Key for another, dont ask bridges, after all he is a prosecutor.

Dilettante

Says it all really when you describe a well known "HACK" and stealing of personal information as "great investigative work" but a simple search of a website as "hack".