sharetrader
Page 246 of 697 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 6963

No posts here for a while. So lets reflect on how Labours 2019 "year of Delivery" is going.

Looks like they are about to deliver NZ's largest ever strike action with 50,000 teachers planning to strike on 29 May. (the Free Tertiary fees money could have gone to supporting teachers who do something rather than first year students who dont)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    No posts here for a while. So lets reflect on how Labours 2019 "year of Delivery" is going.

Looks like they are about to deliver NZ's largest ever strike action with 50,000 teachers planning to strike on 29 May. (the Free Tertiary fees money could have gone to supporting teachers who do something rather than first year students who dont)
    I think the best measure of the Govt's achievement is the fact that el Zorro has gone to ground - presumably from embarrassment after years of telling us how wonderful the world would be once Labour got into power.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 13-05-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I think the best measure of the Govt's achievement is the fact that el Zorro has gone to ground - presumably from embarrassment after years of telling us how wonderful the world would be once Labour got into power.
    Might be time for another one of these ?
    https://www.worldcat.org/title/first...oclc/153713048

Dilettante

The rumour is that they are going to quietly withdraw from their policy of free tertiary education and leave it as it is now, only 1st year free. Probably starting to realise they are fast running out of money

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Might be time for another one of these ?
    https://www.worldcat.org/title/first...oclc/153713048
    A reprint of the original would do just fine. No need to change one word of the contents.

Yeah, and the doctors are unhappy. If the Govt. does not collect enough tax revenue you do not have public services.
    The wealthy are happy ,they got rid of CGT. Those paid by the tax payer will just have to lump it.

westerly

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    Yeah, and the doctors are unhappy. If the Govt. does not collect enough tax revenue you do not have public services.

westerly
    Giving first year students a hand out is not a public service. Its a bribe. I accept you need loads of taxes to pay all teh bribes - like the winter heating one for the old folks. No Needs Based assement there.

Legend

Giving first year students a hand out is not a public service. Its a bribe. I accept you need loads of taxes to pay all teh bribes - like the winter heating one for the old folks. No Needs Based assement there.
    No, but the real tax payers can look on it as a well deserved rebate. It's good for a much needed night out occasionally.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No, but the real tax payers can look on it as a well deserved rebate. It's good for a much needed night out occasionally.
    That is true, reminds me of my student days. Never had enough money to frequent Courteney Place. However I think the extra money has probably ended up in my pocket through my rental home. Thanks Jacinda.

Dilettante

Another election policy abandoned. Free fees tertiary education policy a goner. Another example of silly empty election bribes.
    Sadly it sounds like they are going to keep the already implemented first year free. They should change that to graduation year.