sharetrader
Page 249 of 697 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 6963

29 May. Finally the government delivers something in 2019. A record number of workers on strike on any one day in the whole history of NZ

Legend

Top of the endangered species list.

Attachment 10570

Robertson needed go (resign) ...the Budget carry on just shows how useless the government is.

More of a concern is the political power that he and Jacinda seem to have over Treasury and REserve Bank. That’s very dangerous
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Closely followed by Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Robertson needed go (resign) ...the Budget carry on just shows how useless the government is.
    Care to explain why? I feel like there are many steps missing in this reasoning.

The way I see it is that there was a flaw in the Treasury web site (which may have been there for years). Info got out and National published it, and in fact now National says that they exploited this flaw themselves. Treasury called it a hack and called in the Police.

What am I missing here that causes Robertson to resign? Or is this about something else entirely?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Care to explain why? I feel like there are many steps missing in this reasoning.

The way I see it is that there was a flaw in the Treasury web site (which may have been there for years). Info got out and National published it, and in fact now National says that they exploited this flaw themselves. Treasury called it a hack and called in the Police.

What am I missing here that causes Robertson to resign? Or is this about something else entirely?
    The accusations by Robertson and Peters which were unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post

I agree with you ...as I said Robertson doesn’t need to resign although some are calling him to do so (even though he shouldn’t call others ‘hackers’ and accuse them of ‘criminal activity’ when he knows that isn’t true)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I agree with you ...as I said Robertson doesn’t need to resign although some are calling him to do so (even though he shouldn’t call others ‘hackers’ and accuse them of ‘criminal activity’ when he knows that isn’t true)
    The finance minister is minister in charge of treasury. It's traditional, although a complete charade, to offer resignation to PM when dept cocks-up, which is then declined. Personally I find this sort of playacting such absurd nonsense that I hope he does nothing, and it will all be forgotten in a fortnight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The finance minister is minister in charge of treasury. It's traditional, although a complete charade, to offer resignation to PM when dept cocks-up, which is then declined. Personally I find this sort of playacting such absurd nonsense that I hope he does nothing, and it will all be forgotten in a fortnight anyway.
    I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    The accusations by Robertson and Peters which were unfounded.
    I thought Winston's response was absurd, but then he didn't usually make much sense anyway. He should go but that could apply to any time in the past 20 years or more.

Grant's response seemed measured and sensible given the information that he had at the time, but I can't find a quote so could be wrong.

I'd see more benefit in Grant offering to resign if this was obviously a new issue. I expect this has probably affected the last few budgets. And there are probably many other government web sites with equally serious issues. Not because this government is incompetent but because IT is hard.