sharetrader
Page 106 of 697 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 6963

Well that Bridges has just made a fool of himself in his reply to the budget speech

Only comment I make on the Budget at this point in time is that its good that buying a nice looking horse is now tax deductible
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

new budget with lower doctors costs and the heating payments gives me about $1,100 a year in total. I will be able to save this much towards my old age which is very close. I might even stretch to a new chainsaw. Winston Peters will be saving for his old age - he hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting back in next time. I know a heap of his voters - I was one once - and they all voted for him as a right-wing controller. Someone who would keep National away from excesses.

IMO

Great attitude re your old age which is close craic. And do you really need a new chainsaw after your last episode, sounds excessive, how about donating to the food bank instead.. Talking about excess, this budget is so far from excessive craic , prudent is more accurate. Enjoy your whiskey but dont mix it with politics

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    new budget with lower doctors costs and the heating payments gives me about $1,100 a year in total. I will be able to save this much towards my old age which is very close. I might even stretch to a new chainsaw. Winston Peters will be saving for his old age - he hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of getting back in next time. I know a heap of his voters - I was one once - and they all voted for him as a right-wing controller. Someone who would keep National away from excesses.
    My relatives were set to spend their winter cash bonus on a holiday, but it turns out that the $750 promised shrunk dramatically this year. Perhaps I'll follow your example and suggest they buy a chainsaw

I got served with a ban after the Election after making a comment on the Maori Party voters.

Well, whaddya know. They got didly squat in the budget. Just as I said. (opops time in JoyCamp must be wearing off. Bags packed for another visit)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I got served with a ban after the Election after making a comment on the Maori Party voters.
    What was your comment?

Advanced Member

Have to laugh at National complaining Labour did not spend enough money

IMO

Lol yes, saving that firepower for the next 2 budgets.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Have to laugh at National complaining Labour did not spend enough money
    The coalition did keep their word on R&D tax credits, these being open to all businesses doing the defined R&D.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO180...udget-2018.htm

The rate will be 12.5% of the valid expenses refunded as a tax refund. I haven't had a good look at the fine print yet, but it's available on the web and they're looking for submissions on the exact format by 1st June.

As a small business owner in this sort of area, I'm a bit perturbed by the start amount, a firm now needs to spend $100,000 on applicable R&D in a financial year, before they can claim anything back. It's about the equivalent of one full-time researcher (wages at cost, overheads at cost, parts used at cost). This will reduce the amount of claims considerably, and brings it into line with a replacement of the lower level Callaghan funding. Without the same hurdles though. You won't have to prove how well you've been going for the last x years and all the rest of it. So it's more accessible, but still has a significant hurdle in funds that must be deployed first. Since there are few products that can be developed for under a few $100k anyway, it's not a problem if the small firm does development quickly, not so good if they want to take a few years doing it out of leftover cashflow.

There is no real upper limit on how much a firm can spend on R&D and claim some back, but they can't use another Callaghan Fund as well. Most of the big spenders will be looking at the 50% grant funds that need a lot more paperwork.

Anyway, firms are encouraged to file a submission.

Dilettante

I agree EZ that this was a good idea but the policy seems to be ill thought out, unless they are targeting assistance to the likes of Spark, Vodafone, Xero etc. Sadly, most of the small startups will fail 2 of the criteria, the $100,000 p.a. expenditure requirement and they need to be very profitable to gain from a tax credit. This policy sadly is a fail.